Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: computer virus help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    AVG Free used to be good, but nowadays I perfer Avast; http://www.avast.com/en-eu/index
    I will second this one. Been using it for a few years now after the Panda software I was using failed to pick something up and I lost my PC. Never had any problems with Avast and I have two kids and a 'less than computer literate' wife on the internet all the time.
    Gets my vote too.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Gonna bookmark this thread.. Could be very useful in future..

Thanks for having a problem Dave ;0)
    Hope you get it all sorted soon chap, and do try to stay away from them naughty websites in future eh..

Yep Ashley's the guy to give good advice when it comes to computer
    bacon on the fire

Many thanks all for your help with this! I ran a whole bunch of the downloads that people suggested,some didn't find anything new but one or two seemed to find loads that the others missed. In the end I think the Avast, malwarebytes and Stinger got the nasty dealt with

I'm just glad that forums such as this are so heavily frequented by computer geeks! :biggthump I was having a bad week as it was before the computer went balls up. By Friday morning I had lost two days work due to my car being in the garage (mostly electical issues!), then the computer and nothing that I had tried to that point was workiing. I was going spare trying to get a microsoft sweeper thing to work, then the garage called to say that it would be a couple more days and another £100+ due to the wrong connectors on the part. At that point I had a minor meltdown, borrowed my housemate's car and headed to the workshop to get something constructive done! After a day and a half I was ready to come home and have another try with the blessed machine.

Thanksully it is all now sorted, I hope.

So once again, thankyou all for your techy knowhow
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

Anytime Dave