Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap quality axes

Cheap quality axes

Looking for a decent axe on a budget, try searching ebay for ex military/ ex-army axes, there are some good german army and danish army axes for sale at the mo, and i purchased one of the danish hatchets and found it good value and quality.

Steve

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Pics and a review perchance??

Thanks mate, I have been looking at the Danish Army one and I will get one after Christmas, I bought one of the ones Argos were selling for £2.99, it took a while to put an edge on it but they are cracking wee axes and are about the same size as the scout axe, great value even if you aren't on a budget.
    Learn a little, Enjoy a lot.

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Good one.. Cheers for that..
    Bahco (makers of the Laplander saw etc) make a good little cheapish axe too.. http://tooltray.com/garden-tools/axe...paign=Shopping

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    I got a Brades Criterion from old tool schools for £12, quick clean up and put a new edge on it, It is an awesome little axe.
    Look out at car boots and attic/garage sales you can pick these things up for a fiver.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsy View Post
    ... I bought one of the ones Argos were selling for £2.99, it took a while to put an edge on it but they are cracking wee axes ...
    I remember Justin buying one of those, think he paid something daft like £2.50 or £2.99 and then spent a few hours working on it, turned it into a completely different looking axe Not sure if he kept it or maybe even gave it to Martin as a gift? Not sure, I'll ask.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    I remember Justin buying one of those, think he paid something daft like £2.50 or £2.99 and then spent a few hours working on it, turned it into a completely different looking axe Not sure if he kept it or maybe even gave it to Martin as a gift? Not sure, I'll ask.
    No, never gave it to me.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    However, I got one of these and Justin very kindly took it away and put a fantastic edge on it, for which I am very very greatful.

Click To See My Axe

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    However, I got one of these and Justin very kindly took it away and put a fantastic edge on it, for which I am very very greatful.

Click To See My Axe

Martin
    Ah right, yeah now I remember, I think they were so cheap he bought two, one for you and one for himself. I remember the most distinct change he made was blackening up the handle or making it brown and with no markings or branding on the handle or blade it looked a lot better
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Bahco made decent stuff, so should be a good little hatchet for the price.