Thread: TEOTWAWKI- A fictional documentary

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

TEOTWAWKI- A fictional documentary

A focumentary? ​lol
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

bushcraftboy
    I watched that yesterday, Andrew Price is starring in a fictional documentary. Not the type of thing I watch...

If all the currencies collapse I think weapons skills would be the most useful due to the looters etc.

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    If all the currencies collapse I think weapons skills would be the most useful due to the looters etc.
    Yes, but with UK's poor laws on knifes and guns, it won't even make a difference. Even today you need a membership with UKARA to even own a airsoft gun, ahaha, soon air rifle will be banned.

I think if it ended I would nip to Cornwall to live I meet some nice guys down there and we could all pool together I dunno what I could take or bring in tho maybe a smile and sense of humour could help I could be the new age joker
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    I think if it ended I would nip to Cornwall to live I meet some nice guys down there and we could all pool together I dunno what I could take or bring in tho maybe a smile and sense of humour could help I could be the new age joker
    We need to make a list of jobs for people on the forum to do if the world ends.

Ben Casey New age joker

M mug (Jack) Mug shop owner
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Permaculture will not help you if economy/society truly collapses. Permanent fields and sustainable energy structures (like solar panels and windmills) will simply make you a sitting duck for looters. You would have to build a fort around your fields and structures and be enough armed (and willing) people to defend it. In the beginning it will just be against small bands of looters - but once global/regional resources really start wearing out, a settlement like this will find itself under constant siege, both from looters and people running from the anarchy outside the settlement, trying to get to safety within the settlement. You will not be able to hold out for long - eventually your will be overrun and/or unrest will break out inside the settlement, due to the increasing stress and stain on the inhabitants. Suicides will be a big issue by than aswell. In the end you will only have postponed the inevitable.

If you find yourself in a situation where society collapses and order is not reinstalled after a short while, the only way to stay alive is to stay mobile and know how to live from any environment you may find yourself in. You will need a basic, but lightweight kit of essential gear, to be in good shape, be able (and willing) to defend yourself (learn basic martial arts and how to shoot a gun), you must know more than just basic first aid skills, know how to hunt, fish and gather wild edibles, you must travel with a small group of capable and mentally fit persons - but, most importantly; you must decide to make it, no matter the odds.
    If you fail this, you will eventually end up as one of the looters, loosing you life from internal struggle among the looters or at the hands of someone desperatly defending their recources, which you are trying to take from them by force.

Bushcraft will get you a lot further than permaculture if shit truly hits the fan.
    Last edited by JEEP; 09-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.

bushcraftboy
    It's only a matter of time before a war breaks out with today's society, I'll just guard my home with everything I can I'll make some explosives, not that hard, Acetone Peroxide is very easy to make...heheh. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftboy View Post
    It's only a matter of time before a war breaks out with today's society, I'll just guard my home with everything I can I'll make some explosives, not that hard, Acetone Peroxide is very easy to make...heheh. LOL.
    I've some baking soda and vinegar.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    We need to make a list of jobs for people on the forum to do if the world ends.

Ben Casey New age joker

M mug (Jack) Mug shop owner
    At least knife makers are plentiful........