Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Review: Helle/Les Stroud Temagami - carbon steel blade. Updated w. field test!

Not offended at all

I have pretty much reached the same conclusions. Though I do feel that any knife marketed as a bushcraft knife should stand up to the level of use I have put this knife through.

Though I do feel the need to point out that I own and use several knives with laminated blades, including another Helle, without experiencing similar issues with any of these.
    Last edited by JEEP; 28-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Not offended at all

I have pretty much reached the same conclusions. Though I do feel that any knife marketed as a bushcraft knife should stand up to the level of use I have put this knife through.

Though I do feel the need to point out that I own and use several knives with laminated blades, including another Helle, without experiencing similar issues with any of these.
    I totaly agree with your first point and after reading your second point then there must be a quality issue. Paul

To be fair though; none of my other laminated knives, aside from maybe my Mora Bushcraft Triflex, has seen near the amount of use my Helle Temagami has seen.

Thats my preconceptions blown out of the water. There was me thinking of high tech modern factory mass producing these knives with the input of a 'personal touch' so that they could be called hand made.

Lesson learnt again.

Makes my way of knifemaking look primitive!

Make me proud that my country has room for this kind of production. Won't complain so much about prices next time I stop by a sales point to drool at their knives....lool
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Thank you, This is how most people react when they visit the Helle factory. Also my own reaction on my first visit about 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Thats my preconceptions blown out of the water. There was me thinking of high tech modern factory mass producing these knives with the input of a 'personal touch' so that they could be called hand made.

Lesson learnt again.

When you look at clip next time I hope you have a look at the drive to the factory. This is the road leading from Førde Kommune to Holmedal. Have a look at google map. This is where the Factory is located.