Thread: Whats the perfect Bushcraft watch?

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar

Whats the perfect Bushcraft watch?

For years I used a timex expedition, I liked them but they all died after a year and I had to get a new one every christmas, then I sent one back to timex for repair and they wanted more to repair than what I'd paid for it!!! So I moved onto Casio G shock and I have to say for me it's the perfect bushcraft watch, tough, waterproof, accurate, illuminator and analogue, can't fault it..whats your perfect bushcraft watch?

just a quick silver watch that tells me the time really
    bacon on the fire

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I have a Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium watch. It's very sturdy, waterproof in all conditions and doesn't have any batteries to run out. The luminous figures on the face and hands make it possible to tell the time in the dark.

Now, the question is, with the sun to tell the time by, why do we need a watch when we're in the bush. Surely, time is an irrelevance??

Martin
    Last edited by Martin; 02-12-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

THE SUN,in day light you work,then at sun down you have a threw sherberts and go to sleep

If it can't be carried it aint needed

Ive had a suunto vector for ages but only really wear it on mountain trips. It spends most of its time in the bedside drawer, it is useful for messing around on the water and I can wear it outside on my drysuit cuff which is a plus.

My day to day watch, both work play and bushcraft is my army Issue G10 watch, issued in 1990 and never missed a beat from then till now. Its had several new straps but does the job. It has hands so can be used to navigate with although I have a compass that does that job
    [