Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keeping warm in winter - old technology v new

There should be a support group for former prop forwards with shoulders too broad for standard sleeping bags.
    Expanda panels are the way forward!

I always carry a thinsulate hat and gloves in my pack (or coat if I'm wearing one) No idea about the science on this one, but if I am cold, wearing them makes me feel warmer.
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    There should be a support group for former prop forwards with shoulders too broad for standard sleeping bags.
    Expanda panels are the way forward!

Hear hear. The science around hypothermia is really cool (pun intended) its our deadly enemy, but is also very useful in certain applications
    [

Hmmmmmm, so if I have taken all this in correctly, the next time I feel warm, I can leave my hat on and take my trousers off, as this will have the same effect.

Clearly, that depends on where I am at the time. If I was in my local park in the winter, then I would also need a good defence lawyer, when I come up on 'Flasher' charges :-0
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Hmmmmmm, so if I have taken all this in correctly, the next time I feel warm, I can leave my hat on and take my trousers off, as this will have the same effect.
    No because each leg is worth 18% (9% anterior and 9% posterior), then there's your buttocks which are worth approx 4.5% so thats a grand total of 40.5%..... not forgetting your genitailia and perineum which are worth 1% (disappointed ?..... I was too)

Mind you it will have a warming effect when given your blanket by the custody officer

LOL
    [

To be serious for a bit(bloody rare for me!) I have found this really interesting,just like to thank marvel and sapper for some good info. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    To be serious for a bit(bloody rare for me!) I have found this really interesting,just like to thank marvel and sapper for some good info. Paul

Great. Environmental health issues are a bit of a 'pet' subject. Bit like Steve I tend to find myself out in weather most people stay at home in, bringing home the ones that didnt
    [

Trapper
    aye hear hear - good info.

Scouser - I always thought you were the same wee height as me and just stood on a box in your pic!!! (PS Played hooker - tried american football for a couple of years until got tired of becoming the ball all time).

Thats what I love about this forum,one of you lot always has some sensibal advice when it comes to the serious stuff,cheers chaps

Trapper
    "SEAGOON:
    And you, you must be my uncle, Laird McGool.

McGOOL:
    [Talks with bagpipe music] Come in lad, you must be cold, you must be cold. Put on this porridge, come in. Come in and warm yourself by this roaring candle.

SEAGOON:
    Ah, thank you, uncle. Real regal Scots' hospitality. Tell me, Mc uncle, why have you brought me to Mac Scotland?

McGOOL:
    [Talks with bagpipe music] The truth is, Neddie, I've no heirs left.

SEAGOON:
    I've gone a bit thin myself"

The Treasure in the Lake
    The Goon Show