Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light My Fire Mini Firesteel

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up Light My Fire Mini Firesteel

I wouldn't usually post links to products but these are one of my favourites, they're discounted and it says they're going to be discontinued so that's why I'm sharing with you folk!

- http://www.greenmanbushcraft.co.uk/s...-firesteel.htm

I once bought 12-15 of these to do a couple of courses, but have since given a load away to friends and family. By far my favourite Firesteel I've come across, they are soo many benifits to them being so small, much prefer a small one like this compared to a large firesteel.

With this style of Firesteel you really can put this on your keychain or clip on your belt, carry it with you everywhere and not notice it, with the large ones you very much notice them. Why carry something every time that is big and will provide you 15,000 strikes when you could carry a much smaller one that is still gona give you 1,500 strikes/fires?

I'd buy the rest of their stock if I had the money! Unfortunately this time round I won't be buying any.

The pictured on has a serrated edge, I prefer the flat-edge strikers, these do sometimes come with either so it can be a mix.

* I have absolutely no connection with this company.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

If theses are going to be discontinued I hope LightMyFire are planning to produce something as equally as small and good!
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

I have this one, http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/pr...asp?PageID=113 it was given to me as an xmas present from Em and the kids. I like it because it has a whistle in the handle, the ergonomic design means its great for my kids to practice with aaaaaaand, according to this page...... Its FREE!!!!
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

I had a meeting with the Danish supplier of LMF a while ago.

The Mini has been discontinued - and there are no current plans to produce a v. 2.0 Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    I have this one, http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/pr...asp?PageID=113 it was given to me as an xmas present from Em and the kids. I like it because it has a whistle in the handle, the ergonomic design means its great for my kids to practice with aaaaaaand, according to this page...... Its FREE!!!!
    I just went on it when you get to the basket you have a schock LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Got myself a mini light my fire fire steel, good fire steel
    bacon on the fire

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    I just went on it when you get to the basket you have a schock LOL
    lol me too!

Trapper
    I have an old magnesium block with striking rod on one side. About the size of a match box. I think it came in an issue survival kit but I'm not sure. It gives off really big hot sparks and seems able to light any tinder quite easily. Don't know what they're called but would recommend it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    I have an old magnesium block with striking rod on one side. About the size of a match box. I think it came in an issue survival kit but I'm not sure. It gives off really big hot sparks and seems able to light any tinder quite easily. Don't know what they're called but would recommend it to anyone.
    I don't like these, too heavy & outdated imho.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Trapper
    That's a fair point. Never used it in the field, I always carried a Zippo instead. It's great for lighting the Barbecue though. No taste of lighting fluid ever. I now carry a little fire rod which looks like the one in the pic up top. Doesn't have a brand name on it but has the separate little metal striker and an orange handle. It was this site that showed me how to use it to light a meths stove. I'd never have worked that one out for myself. Like a lot of stuff on here it's so obvious if you have common sense but for those of us that don't.............