Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roast Chestnuts & Ham

Quote Originally Posted by bikebum1975 View Post
    That folding kettle is brilliant. Pack weight not to much of a concern for me when I go my Panasonic bike she's gonna be my pack mule probably take a bit heavier gear than most such as toting a small cast iron pan
    I checked this ortlieb folding kettle/filter holder for coffe. good idea, light, no space in backpack and real coffee

Now that I remembered it, ya, it's frickin' awesome! Everything goes better with bacon! Especially bacon wrapped bacon.......mmmmmmmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Now that I remembered it, ya, it's frickin' awesome! Everything goes better with bacon! Especially bacon wrapped bacon.......mmmmmmmmmm!!
    yeah, along with bacon

Trapper
    That took me back more years than i care to remember. Back in the 60,s we used to sit on a saturday afternoon in front of a nice log fire with my parents and watch Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks or Mick McMunus on world of sport. We had a shortened grave diggers shovel which could hold loads of chessnuts at a time. I cant do that with my kids coz we havent had an open fire in the house for years, not all progress is good. Stan.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstan View Post
    That took me back more years than i care to remember. Back in the 60,s we used to sit on a saturday afternoon in front of a nice log fire with my parents and watch Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks or Mick McMunus on world of sport. We had a shortened grave diggers shovel which could hold loads of chessnuts at a time. I cant do that with my kids coz we havent had an open fire in the house for years, not all progress is good. Stan.
    ... oh well there's still the campfire

I've just bought our first wood burner with a lift-up lid revealing a cooking plate, ideal for chestnuts and the like, still it'll be a few months before I can afford to get stuff converted & fitted.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Good vid, I love chestnuts and ham...! - and the bannock & trout was mouth watering as well....
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!