Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1st time camping out.

bushcraftboy

1st time camping out.

I'm going camping soon at Troserch woods, and I wondered as I'm nearly 16, would I even be allowed to take a stove and knife and stuff like that, or will I just get in trouble?

I admire your spirit of adventure, but if this really is your first time out camping in the woods the best thing you could take with you is somebody with a bit of experience. It would avoid 'trouble' in many senses of the word.

ATB

Paul

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    I admire your spirit of adventure, but if this really is your first time out camping in the woods the best thing you could take with you is somebody with a bit of experience. It would avoid 'trouble' in many senses of the word.

ATB

Paul
    That's the thing I don't have anyone. My friend said he'd like to go with me but he's not very much older than me.

I would offer to go with you but my next night off is 23rd December. My advice is use the round house to cook in and don't take a knife.

Maybe you could whittle a fake id?
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Tribesman
    I would just add, make sure you have a strong plan incase of emergency.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    I would offer to go with you but my next night off is 23rd December. My advice is use the round house to cook in and don't take a knife.
    I couldn't find that round house ahah, I think I'm going to get more familiar with the woods before camping. Or I might just spend a day there, take some tea up, beans, stuff like that.
    Last edited by bushcraftboy; 07-11-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Sounds like a plan to me mate,get up early,pack your gear and spend the day just getting to know your way around, i agree with the earlyer poster leave the knife at home, some people just would get the wrong idea i'm afraid. Don't forget to let someone know where you are going and when you expect to be home( take a fully charged phone) . have fun!! Paul

Well im only 13 and my first camp out I took my knife and only went with friends with no experience but was on my uncles land so was not going to get told of for having a knife on me .
    bacon on the fire

bushcraftboy
    It's going to be cold, so I think a fire would be great to have, but I think your only allowed to make a fire at the shed/hut in Troserch.