Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Les Stroud - Survivorman

That's odd, do they all have a tin ear? Lol, when I first started to learn to play, my roommate had a German Shepard that was about a year old, and every time I started playing with that dog around she'd start howling......... but I eventually taught her the words so things worked out.

I chanced upon a pre-survivorman thing he did...living up in Wabakimi for a year? winter? not sure. Check out 'snowshoes and solitude' on google video.

oh I have that one great I think it's one of his first films
    When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
    ― John Muir

It has just been announced, by Les himself, on Facebook ans Twitter, that a contract has been signed for a fourth season of Survivorman! This time featuring ten days of survival!

Awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/therealless...50389576186275

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0006274&type=1

I heard I am so excited
    When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
    ― John Muir

Peasant
    jeep. les is great he has done a few films look for off the grid, snowshoes and solitude. he is also a great singer song writer and has a wind range of music as well.
    he is imo one of the real survivors of our time all his shows are real and has no film crew to pamper him wile the films not running.
    one of canada's hidden gems.pete.

Les is my favorite in terms of survival TV. He brings a unique set of skills to the whole thing by shooting himself. I have always said that the mark of experience in the bush is humility. If you do it long enough hard enough you will suffer all that it has to offer and I think of all the presenters out there that Les brings that to the forefront better than anyone. Survival is not comfortable.

It is also a huge added layer of difficulty to film yourself doing such things as opposed to just plain doing them. Back in 2008 I did a three day solo and shot all of it. This was with my Canon 520 Powershot and a green stick as camera equipment. The setting up, moving the camera, going back to get it, etc really slows you down. I can't imagine the work involved in using multiple camera angles and professional equipment.

Tomorrow I'm headed out to do a day pack survival kit only overnight trip to the jungle with my partner Giuliano. We will be shooting the whole trip in Portuguese and English. I have to credit Les for showing us how to shoot such a thing. Mac

ETA - In October I shot a screen test for a program being developed here in Brazil. Didn't get the job but it was a real eye opener to see the process first hand watching a professional crew work out the problems of shooting in the jungle in the rain. The crew works hard to get it right. That just added to my appreciation for the work Les Stroud has done shooting all that himself.
    Last edited by Pict; 24-11-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    Les is my favorite in terms of survival TV. He brings a unique set of skills to the whole thing by shooting himself...
    Bet that hurt