Thread: Sticky pole sleeves

Sticky pole sleeves

I have a Vango Tornado 200. I have real problems feeding the poles into the sleeves and pulling them back out, having to feed them through half inch at a time. Does anyone know of a remedy for this? I've thought of polishing the poles but not sure if that'll make it worse.

You could try spraying the poles with silicone spray - the sort of stuff you use to shine your car dashboard etc? Thats usuall pretty slippy once applied. In fact its so slippy it tells you on the can not to put it on the steering wheel in case you cant grip it!!

Might be worth a try and it's cheap!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

A trick my dad taught me when I was a kid to make putting rubber grips on bicycle handlebars is to wipe dish washing (liquid) detergent on the inside of the rubber/foam and on the bars themselves, then slide them together. The detergent lubes them, then after a few hours/days will dry up, creating a type of low stick glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    You could try spraying the poles with silicone spray - the sort of stuff you use to shine your car dashboard etc? Thats usuall pretty slippy once applied. In fact its so slippy it tells you on the can not to put it on the steering wheel in case you cant grip it!!

Might be worth a try and it's cheap!

Yeah ... Agree with Thumbcrusher ... a silicone spray / wax polish can help ease your poles through the sleeves ...
    I'd try looking under the kitchen sink first , bet Mrs G has got some Mr Sheen or Pledge somewhere and you only need a small spray and wipe off.
    Always best to push the poles out rather than pull them , that way the poles stay together and don't snag in the sleeves ...
    Hope it helps

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

Sell the Vango and buy a Wild Country (nice wide mesh sleeves).
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Sell the Vango and buy a Wild Country (nice wide mesh sleeves).
    Been thinking of a new tent but want a hammock 1st.