Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: SnugPak Hammock Cocoon - The Epic Search

  1. #1
    NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    2,802

    Question SnugPak Hammock Cocoon - The Epic Search

    I get asked about my SnugPak Hammock Cocoon (which you can see in my review here) all the time and of course I get asked where people can buy them quite a lot.

    I've never really have an answer because as far as I knew they were a bespoke item, made as a result of a BCUK Group-buy (I purchased mine 2nd hand) and the only other way you could get your hands on one was apparently to organise a group buy of a least 10 people willing to buy the cocoon and then apparently SnugPak would make them.

    For ages I've harrased SnugPak on the behalf of others via email, website & twitter all to no avail - that was until tonight!

    I've just had one tweet back from them saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by SnugPak
    @NaturlBushcraft Sorry for the late Reply, the Cocoons no longer need to be purchased as a group you can buy them via any Snugpak retailer.
    What!? What retailer? If you Google for "SnugPak Hammock Cocoon" or variations you don't find anything? I've friends who have also scoured the net looking for these, all you find are references to second hand ones being sold on other forums, I've never seen one for sale from a retailer?

    If anyone has please let us know where you saw it for sale!

    I must say I'm a little disappointed with SnugPak customer relations over all.
    Ashley Cawley

    Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Moderator Roadkillphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    only reference I have found is this.
    http://www.snugpak.com/files/snugpak_2010_catalogue.pdf
    page 32
    Followed up this link to here http://www.snugpakbushcraft.com/hammock.htm but it's an under blanket rather than a cocoon.....
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

    ALWAYS Leave a Trace

  4. #4
    Wanderer kesom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    barnt green
    Posts
    79
    just rang snugpak
    they say that if you contact any of their retailers that they can order one in for you,i mentioned ash's tweet and the guy said that the reason nothing is coming up on google must be because their retailers must not be advertising them but they definitely are available through their retailers,he told me the recommended retail price is £ 99.95

    just need the £99.95 now lol

    peace,ken

  5. #5
    NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    2,802

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    only reference I have found is this.
    http://www.snugpak.com/files/snugpak_2010_catalogue.pdf
    page 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    Followed up this link to here http://www.snugpakbushcraft.com/hammock.htm but it's an under blanket rather than a cocoon.....
    Nice try chaps... But no cigar! That's just the under-blanket (both on the PDF catalogue & the website) no mention of the Cocoon anywhere!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kesom View Post
    just rang snugpak
    they say that if you contact any of their retailers that they can order one in for you,i mentioned ash's tweet and the guy said that the reason nothing is coming up on google must be because their retailers must not be advertising them but they definitely are available through their retailers,he told me the recommended retail price is £ 99.95

    just need the £99.95 now lol

    peace,ken
    Wow, interesting, thanks for that Ken. I find this a little hard to believe, if it's not in any of their catalogues or websites and there's not a single retailer online who stocks/sells it - I think they're not interested in producing or selling it so the retailers aren't even aware of it?

    I'm gona do some more enquiring when I get time.
    Ashley Cawley

    Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

  6. #6
    Woodsman GwersyllaCnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Llanelli ish
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by kesom View Post
    just rang snugpak
    they say that if you contact any of their retailers that they can order one in for you,i mentioned ash's tweet and the guy said that the reason nothing is coming up on google must be because their retailers must not be advertising them but they definitely are available through their retailers,he told me the recommended retail price is £ 99.95

    just need the £99.95 now lol

    peace,ken
    Is that the price for the underquilt. I want an underquilt not interested in the cocoon as part of the appeal of the hammock for me is being able to see out.

  7. #7
    Wanderer kesom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    barnt green
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    Is that the price for the underquilt. I want an underquilt not interested in the cocoon as part of the appeal of the hammock for me is being able to see out.
    no its definitely the price for the cocoon but i'm sure that DD's under blanket is around a tenner less just to give you an idea

  8. #8
    Wanderer kesom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    barnt green
    Posts
    79
    sorry ash didnt se your reply,i rang snugpak's office and he seemed pretty convincing but i get completely what your saying
    i thought after the phone conversation that they were pretty silly not advertising it anywhere themselves without the retailer doin it for them but as you say maybe their just not interested in making it at all,maybe theirs not enough profit in it for them.......slaves to the dollar

  9. #9
    Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,260
    I've contacted OutdoorGB who are a Snugpak stockist. They have requested details from Snugpak and will contact me when their website has been updated showing the cocoon. As soon as they contact me I'll post details and a link on here.

    Martin
    Last edited by Martin; 27-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

  10. #10
    NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    2,802
    It's never been mentioned in SnugPak's 2010 or 2011 catalogues, I'm pretty sure the the retailers aren't really aware of it. Helpful stockists may ask SnugPak, let's see what prices they get quoted.
    Ashley Cawley

    Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •