Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debris Shelter by night

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar

Debris Shelter by night

Thought I'd try my hand at low light photography.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3925.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3927.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3932.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	146
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Great pics..

That looks amazing, Mike.

Cracking pictures and love the night sky one.
    When in doubt Brew-Up!

That's lovely! Brings back memories of my first debris shelter, what a great night sleep I got!
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

looks cosy and a great view of jupiter by the looks of it.

Top of the class, I wondered how many people would notice what the photo was of. I might try it again tonight with a good zoom.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

(i posted this already but it didnt show grrrr), mike zoom aint gonna make much diff on jupiter if you are only using a digi cam, you could try a longer exposure, low iso settings and a tripod or the ground, set the self timer aswell it stops camera shake, the long exposure and low iso will bring out the background stars much better, you should end up with some great pics, ps, try the moon you can get some great shots with a digi cam, ,

ps, focus on a distant building, turn of af and set to manual and leave it, it stops the cam continually trying to focus on the objects in the sky, resulting in a much better pic, have fun

regards

mike

Thanks buddy, It is a Digi Cam but 18x Optical zoom. Should have a small effect. I don't like going to low on ISO as the picture will begin to get Grainy, Exposure is already at 15 seconds(camera's max) and mounted on a tripod. I was using a 2 second delay, but found switching to the 10 better.

Haven't turned of the AF though. Any hints on F-stop? I'm using 3.2 at the moment to capture as much as possible.

set it to the fastest f ratio,(smaller the number faster it is, f/32 = 1 sec f/45 = 2 secs and so on). if you want to get a fantastic pic take a small avi movie and stitch the pics together, (i have a great prog for this thats free, it seperates the movie frames and then layers them to make a final still image, its quite cool).

Great pics mate the shelter looks great, did you get a good nights sleep in it?
    Learn a little, Enjoy a lot.

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/