Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time do you eat breakfast?

What time do you eat breakfast?

Mornign all,

I can hear the chorus now 'it depends on what time I get up'....

My wife can not function without eating food first thing in the morning whereas I am raring to go after a cuppa. I start getting hungry a few hours later. If I get up between 7 and 8am, I have brekkiie around 10.30 or 11am.

Does anyone else have an odd clock?
    Mark 8:36

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I eat my breakfast every day between 0655 and 0700. Cornflakes and coffee, or sometimes porridge and coffee, but whatever the food stuff is it's always with coffee.

However, as it's Sunday I have had a late breakfast today and decided to experiment with salt in my porridge as opposed to sugar or golden syrup. I can categorically state that I will not be repeating this.

Occasionally, I like a fry up but this is less and less frequent as I get older and more aware of my mortality.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Breakfast is coffee.

I only eat if I feel hungry, that can be anything from, toast, a cereal bar to a fry up, on occasion I will have cereal or fruit.

Porridge was once explained to me as being the cement that holds your day together, personally I look at it as the daub in wattle and daub.

This morning it was bacon and egg baps at about 0900. Had just spent the night in the hammock in a local wood with snow on the ground and a temp. of -3! Don't normally have breakfast just a coffee but when sleeping out it is a great start to the day.
    You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy

5am every day, 4 slices toast, 2 eggs, a mug of coffee and a smoke, (yeh i know it will eventually kill me but hopefully not before a bus), :P

I can't face eating anything until I've been up a couple hours first.

Give me a cup of the black stuff and a ciggy and I'm good to go.

second the cup of black stuff and bump starting my lungs on a ciggy
    regards
    stu

During the week I have a couple of shredded wheat (well, a cheap copy) with a banana chopped up on it and milk and a black coffee. This is within a few minutes of getting up. I have a 3.5 mile yomp to work so it gives me energy.

At the weekends we have a leisurely morning, coffee in bed, get up I do the house work and SWMBO takes the dogs out then we either have toasted egg sandwiches or boiled eggs and toasted soldiers mine with marmite.
    aman

I have what is known as a dingo's breakfast, a pee and a look around. followed by coffee and smoke

Eh I hardlyever eat breakfast anymore give me some form of brew either coffee or tea heck even hot chocolate I'm good. Though I do like my bacon eggs home fries pancakes and oatmeal at times I just never have been a big breakfast eater. Oh and some may gag at this I also do ramen noodle at times LOL A.K.A 2 minutes instant noodles.
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and