Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Hammock 'Stealth Camp'

Trapper

First Hammock 'Stealth Camp'

Saturday finally came and I was able to try out my hammock and tarp setup for the first time!

Now I found a cracking little spot on my local downs that was ideal for hammocks and gave a great panoramic view, looking east a small undisclosed town and would have given a fab sunrise.... however...

.. It was poached!! lol. Naively thinking I was being crafty and even encountering on numerous recce's it was amazing how much of a hive of activity certain area's were last night! Still though, a good night in the woods. A great nights sleep in the hammock (damn those things are snug!), a lovely clear, quite night. And a smashing hip flask of aged whiskey!

couple of snaps

All packed up:

Camp this morning and my pals tent

quick pose

A 20 meter walk from camp:

and of course how we left it this morning

Thanks for looking! No hater's on the MTP camo's, it was a bit chilly last night plus my pal in the army so he's let off! There wont be a new thread every time I camp, don't worry! Just an excited new hammocker showing off his gear lol.

Wrighty
    Last edited by Wrighty28; 02-10-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Great write up Wrighty.

Don't be shy to tell us about your trips out, that's what we're here for.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great write up Wrighty.

Don't be shy to tell us about your trips out, that's what we're here for.

Martin
    ta martin.

still cant get over how practical and comfy those hammocks are. why more people dont use them and there's perhaps dedicated area's of forest to use them is beyond me!

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    Nice pics looks like you had a good time.
    cheers mate! think i may get rid of the tent after that sleep. i woke up in the exact position i fell asleep in which was strange for me as im apparently a figgit! thow a hip flask of JD Single Barrel probably helped that. lol

lol yea i should think mr Jack D had a little something to do with it. Great pic mate and the hammock makes me feel like getting one lol i have always slept on the ground i think a hammock would freak me out
    When you next of out buddy so i can keep an eye out for more pics?

Mike

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftCambsUk View Post
    lol yea i should think mr Jack D had a little something to do with it. Great pic mate and the hammock makes me feel like getting one lol i have always slept on the ground i think a hammock would freak me out
    When you next of out buddy so i can keep an eye out for more pics?

Mike
    the exact words my mate who went with me said before he had a go in the hammock lol, he was instantly converted. easily the best £30 I've ever spent tbh! i could never go back to tents now.

im going to try and get out again within the next few weeks. though i really want a winter hammock camp to properly test the tarp, so 100% the next time it snows!! where abouts are you from mate?
    Last edited by Wrighty28; 04-10-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Nice one buddy
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Trapper
    just bought myself a Gelert Expedition 3/4 length 'thermerest' so tempted to venture out in the -'s weather and try it out. any one had any experience with these in hammocks? herd they work quit well as an insulation barrier as apposed to an under quilt.

Nice write up good to see you had a good time
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses