Thread: A 'Crafty' Hello from Across the Pond

Alone in the Wilderness Kokopeli's Avatar

A 'Crafty' Hello from Across the Pond

Hello Gents (ladies too if any are present.) I'm Brian, a fairly new survivalist / bushman from the States. Originally, I came across your YouTube channel and gave a few of the vids a watch. The content was good and delivered in an entertaining way so I thought I'd give your website a look. I haven't had a chance to lurk about yet, but I did want to make an introduction.

A little about me.. I am a 40 year old father of 3 teenagers (2 boys, 1 girl). I have been an avid camper since I was a kid and I am an offroad enthusiast. I consider myself fairly savvy in the wilderness, but after discovering true bushcraft, I realized that I still have lots to learn. Before, I would pack anything and everything I could possibly need, but now I am starting to look at my outings through the eyes of a minimalist. Less is better (though if I am car camping, I may as well live in the lap of luxury) and items that have multiple uses are definitely better than those single taskers.

Being from Southern California, I run into the problem of not having much in the way of woodlands in my general area so just taking off for a quick weekend trip usually requires at least a two hour drive. The good news is that in that two hour area, I have my choice of environs. Desert, mountains, riparian woodlands - it is all two hours away.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know y'all and exchanging ideas and experiences.

~Brian

Oh, and for those who are wondering what a "Kokopeli" (pronounced koko-pelly) is, he is a Southwestern American Indian icon. He is the "god" of fertility and a habitual prankster. I identify more with the latter. lol He is also known as the hunch-backed flute player.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Hey Brian, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Not sure we've got any other members from CA but plenty from other states. Enjoy...

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

hiya brian
    welcome to the site, i'm a relative newcomer myself, its a real friendly site, and the guys on here are really helpful.

seeya

tinkers

Hi Brian and welcome to NBC.

Hey Brian,

a warm to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards,

Matt.
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Hi Brian, welcome to the friendly community here and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Hi Brian like the username
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Alone in the Wilderness Kokopeli's Avatar
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hey Brian, welcome from the East Coast: Syracuse, NY. Lots of good stuff to learn, good community on here.

Enjoy!

Josh