Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 8 Items - 3 Days - Dartmoor Challenge

Tribal Elder
    just watching your vid! Well done... how on earth did matt make that spoon?

Tribal Elder
    also how did you cover up your fire spots?

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    just watching your vid! Well done... how on earth did matt make that spoon?
    With an over-sized blade of course! Watch closer next time
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    With an over-sized blade of course! Watch closer next time
    haha i got that! i meant how he got the actual hallow of the spoon!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    haha i got that! i meant how he got the actual hallow of the spoon!
    The same way, believe it or not. He has a far more patience than I do.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tribal Elder
    that's pretty cool. Was that your new paramo smock you had? how did it fare?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    that's pretty cool. Was that your new paramo smock you had? how did it fare?
    It certainly was. Got to admit that it was a little warm but then again, it was a warm weekend. I sweated up quite badly at one stage and my base layer got soaking wet. However, I can't really complain about that as my base layers get soaked with sweat when I'm not wearing a coat at all.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the Paramo and looking at other garments from the same manufacturer. Incidentally, it's raining cats, dogs and cattle in Cornwall today and had to pop out of the office for a while. The rain just beaded straight off the coat and I didn't have any concerns about its waterproofness. The only thing I would say is that the water ran off, straight onto my trousers leaving them soaking wet. Doh!!!!

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

looks like ye had a great time guy's,loved the vid aswell,as for the fire issue and posting it online for the "authorities" to see,i can imagine the conversation where one of the national park guys tries to explain to the others that he thinks its wrong for responsible people to show others the importance of clearing up after you and leaving no trace when as ye said the place had lot of scorch marks from irresponsible campers !!! i'd personally feel stupid if i did,they should focus more on the kamikaze campers and commend the responsible people
    i'd say personally that vids like ye'rs have stopped a lot of people leaving traces behind them and should be commended for sharing the knowledge of how to respect the moor's not berated for showing the importance of respecting it
    don't like the fox hunters tho,none of us has the right to hurt any creature of this earth imo,i know the guy in the vid was just probably using a scent but i bet he don't always do that,you could see he was'nt comfortable being filmed,barbaric sport if you ask me
    keep up the good work guys
    peace,ken

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Hi Ken,

Thanks for your comments. I really don't think the people on the hunt knew I was filming them, I only started filming as they were walking away from us.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Hi Ken,

Thanks for your comments. I really don't think the people on the hunt knew I was filming them, I only started filming as they were walking away from us.
    hey ash,
    as they say assumption is the mother of all f up's my bad lol
    reading back over my comment again i probably insulted all fox hunters,i understand most of them stick to the new rules,my apologies to the ones who are sticking to the rules and to the rest,well,hey
    peace ken
    Last edited by kesom; 26-10-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammer