Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of this stove?

What do you guys think of this stove?

I know what I think, it's rugged and works really well. Is a bit heavy (1.5lbs) compared to other stoves, but folds up compact and you don't have to carry fuel along with you. Just pick up whatever and burn it. And at 20,000BTUs when on full blast........... literally will boil a liter of water in about 3 mins. And also has a pot capacity of up to 50lbs. I used mine back in the summer at the cottage when I did the bulk of my cooking on the campfire, was easier for me to have the stove with a fry pan nearby while flipping meat on the grill........ more so since I didn'thave ot be in two places at once (my girlfriend is lucky I do all the cooking...... I'm lucky because she does the dishes. Lol)

http://www.solhuma.com/products.php?...vel=16&idPro=9

http://www.solhuma.com/en/video.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJVYoNzalK4
    Last edited by CanadianMike; 24-11-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Woah!! Never ever seen that before, looks great!

What do you think of it? I dont do pounds, googled it its 0.68kg.

Haha, washing ups the worst bit, lucky you ehh..

That stove boils water faster than a jetboil by a lil bit.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Great looking Stove, seen many customs that perform as well, however they all need batteries!!
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Great looking Stove, seen many customs that perform as well, however they all need batteries!!
    Yeah I agree, it's the battery thing that puts me off having a go at one

Ya, the battery drives a fan inside, it's a bit of a turnoff for me too, but the stove will still work as a fire can if you will, just won't have 'boost'. Hehe, I'll have to try it out as a mini forge in upcoming weeks, I KNOW it'll turn metal red hot, just haven't tried it for heat treating a blade yet.

I like the idea of these type of stove's where you don't carry fuel, I have bought one before and found it didn't work so well so now I just stick with the Swedish Army Trangia
    Learn a little, Enjoy a lot.

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/

Gadget for folks with too much money and no training/interest in bush craft...
    As the description on the website says, it's a 'survival' stove.
    It's not a bush craft stove, which in it self seems to me to be contradiction in terms, there's no 'craft' in lighting and using this stove!
    If it requires power, it has no place in my kit, with the exception of a torch.
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

Agreed, It was initially designed as a survival stove (whatever they meant in thinking that way) but then campers and outdoors people picked up on it and went to town with it as a great lightweight but powerful outdoors stove, and things went from there. I like it, but will also be picking up that Ikea 'hobo stove' setup and bringing that along too.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    Gadget for folks with too much money and no training/interest in bush craft...
    As the description on the website says, it's a 'survival' stove.
    It's not a bush craft stove, which in it self seems to me to be contradiction in terms, there's no 'craft' in lighting and using this stove!
    If it requires power, it has no place in my kit, with the exception of a torch.
    I understand where your coming from Pete, it dosen't really appeal to me either, whilst I do like wood burning stoves (nature providing the fuel) & I like clever designs, I don't like the electric/motorised part.

It's funny how people use the word 'survival' differently aswell, take for example the stoves promotional video, it is pitching it as a survival-stove, checkout these two poor sods having it rough and only just surviving...

Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Well done mr Greenpete, Summed up perfectly.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.