Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Woodland Working Party!

Hopefully you'll do one next year! Because i'll hopefully be able to drive if i pass ;D anytime after 15th July (Birthday) Providing i pass my driving test within enough time ;D Sounds like you had a great time glad you all enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one now, would love to see some pictures if you have some. Congrats Martin well done.
    Know more, carry less!

Quote Originally Posted by dave budd View Post

A huge thanks to everyone that came along and lent a hand! The question on many peoples' lips though was, where were all of the Cornish boys?!!
    Haha! Sorry Dave, couldn't be there due to other commitments, hopefully I'll make the next one tho Bud.
    Glad everyone had a good time and sounds like you got loads done.

All the best

Phil
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Had a good weekend meeting some new faces. Tried a few bits of kit out and made aquaintance with a few woodland spirits.

Nice meeting you good folk, see you next time

Thouroughly enjoyed myself at Dave's wood, shame I couldn't stay on the Sunday to finish the job. Nice to meet up with old friends and great to meet some new one's.

Glen
    "Appearance is Important, so remember to Smile"

Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I was on Dartmoor but spent three days walking. Two days on my 'Walking Group Leader' assessment, (which I passed) and then today walking with the Air Cadets on the first Ten Tors training weekend of the new season.
    Congratulations Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by dave budd View Post
    twas a good weekend! Got lots of stuff done in the woods, including the top ride cleared, firewood cut up (thanks matt!) and a good way to building the extensions to my outdoor workshop.

Jonny, we got the small end all roofed finished. It turned out that I didn't have enough materials left to finish the long side (I'd forgotted that I'd used soome of the wood elsewhere already), but we got the main poles up and a couple of joists so I can easily finish it with a single helper when I've got more wood

A huge thanks to everyone that came along and lent a hand! The question on many peoples' lips though was, where were all of the Cornish boys?!!
    A huge thank you to you too Dave. I know I'm not only speaking for myself when I say I had a fantastic time with good people and great food and drink.

This desk jockey might have overdone things a little though. I am properly knackered still. I was all but worthless yesterday and ready to go to bed tonight at 7:30.

I posted a bunch of pictures on Google+ here

The picture everyone wanted of Ellie and the pipe is there as well.

I really hope it's not too long before I can visit again - it's so much cheaper than gym membership!

Thank you, best weekend I've had in a long time.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Congratulations Martin!
    Cheers Bernie.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Great pictures Bernie, had a fun time as dont get to spend much time with my big brother so that was good to drag him up. Also to get to know other people
    Last edited by LandRoverMatt; 28-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    bacon on the fire

Tribesman
    Sounds like a great weekend....now if Dave could move to somewhere around Brum we could all join in

Congrats Martin, you must be pleased.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins