Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just an idea - Photography Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

I like the idea of the members voting on poll. And I would be interested in having a go myself

Do you mind setting it up a little yourself (and/or Shewie also)? ie. coming up with some relevant rules, perhaps a topic to shoot on? If your up for sorting out more details I'm sure I can arrange for a prize.

Well I think this topic should be enough to make everyone give ideas in order to make the final rules of the contest.

I have some ideas of course:

-The contest should be open for everyone that is registered on the forum (mods and admins are included)
    -Obviously the photos should be taken by the participants;
    -The picture could not have appeared previously in the forum;
    -The photo should have some minimum size (ex:800x600)
    -I think it should be bushcraft/nature related but without a specific theme;
    -There would be a deadline to enter on the monthly (it can be different) contests and then a thread is opened in order to everyone from the forum vote on the photo they like more.

Example: photos should be sent to someones PM inbox (it could be me or any other person) until December 5th and then I would open a thread with the photos and it will be up with a poll until December 29th (and it would be cool to not reveal the person that took the photo until the poll ends)

Ashley, if you could arrange a prize that would be just great!
    Last edited by Bush_Men; 25-11-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Anything more happening with this, I really like the idea.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Well I was hoping some movement on this thread but I guess I was wrong...

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up Sounds Brilliant

Sorry folks! I've been really busy lately and some how this one slipped my net. I'm still really up for doing this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bush_Men View Post
    Well I think this topic should be enough to make everyone give ideas in order to make the final rules of the contest.

I have some ideas of course:

-The contest should be open for everyone that is registered on the forum (mods and admins are included)
    -Obviously the photos should be taken by the participants;
    -The picture could not have appeared previously in the forum;
    -The photo should have some minimum size (ex:800x600)
    -I think it should be bushcraft/nature related but without a specific theme;
    -There would be a deadline to enter on the monthly (it can be different) contests and then a thread is opened in order to everyone from the forum vote on the photo they like more.

Example: photos should be sent to someones PM inbox (it could be me or any other person) until December 5th and then I would open a thread with the photos and it will be up with a poll until December 29th (and it would be cool to not reveal the person that took the photo until the poll ends)

Ashley, if you could arrange a prize that would be just great!
    Sounds brilliant, Bush_Men do you mind running it? I can increase your PM inbox & space for photos etc.
    I would really love for this to happen but I'm struggling for time at the moment, so would really appreciate if folks could help out in running it. Like I say, I will supply the prize and certainly (try) and enter myself. I'm really looking forward to peoples input.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Not at all! And of course I accept the extra space on the Pm inbox.

I dunno if it's viable for December... I could start receiving the photos starting December 15th 'til the 31st and then on the 1st or 2nd of January put the 1st NBC Photo Contest on January.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Excellent, So let me get this straight, Photo has to be taken between 15th and 31st and submitted then, judging opens in the New year? I'll start my recce for good photo locations now.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Well I never said that the photos should be taken during the date of the delivery of the photos. I think It would be good but for that We have to get a good number of participations on the first or second contests and only then evolve to that. But then again if the majority of the members support that i'll go fot that right away...

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush_Men View Post
    Well I never said that the photos should be taken during the date of the delivery of the photos. I think It would be good but for that We have to get a good number of participations on the first or second contests and only then evolve to that. But then again if the majority of the members support that i'll go fot that right away...
    Sorry I haven't been paying more attention to this just been hellishly busy lately.

I think we will need to aim for sometime a little further off now; perhaps just start planning for one in Jan?
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

no prob for me on that...

Hobo
    I'll look forward to it!