Thread: Other uses for your cutting tools?

Other uses for your cutting tools?

I just chose it over a wealth of kitchen knives to cut and stone because it's far sharper than the kitchen knives and has a better grip than the kitchen knives. Washed, stropped, oiled and sheathed now.

Besides the general bushcraft uses like splitting, feather sticks, and carving about camp, what are some of the most unusual things you've used your bushcraft knife or other cutting tools for?

I remember now that I also once used it to remove a deep thorn from my heel - it's all I had with me at the time.

i use my knife in the kitchen all the time its the best cheese knife iv got lolol
    knife is a gerber http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Gerber...p-92-144-4279/

I've used mine often in the kitchen too, but I didn't think that was "odd enough" in what was asked. Lol

To date, I think the oddest use I've put a blade through is batoning one through logs to split them, not just make little kindling pieces.

And in that log in particular, the thickness was almost the same as my blade length, so I had little to poind on except about an inch of tip (which I was using to get the knife most of the way through, no reaction from the tip at all BTW), and because of the knot in the wood, got the knife stuck halfway through, so used a piece of wooden kindling to split it the rest of the way.

Last edited by CanadianMike; 11-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.

iv used my knife to lay a carpet thats as odd as it gets lol

Trimming my nails?
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?