Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Full time 365 survival in the uk

Ouch!
    Much like the cretins who took it upon themselves to hack in to my website and left an opening page full of political and filthy language!
    Had to have everything rebuilt from the ground up, do you think a couple of weeks in the bush might intstill some character in them?

Tribal Elder
    might instill some maggots in them.....and i'm ok with that.

Now im confused, who's spamming?

I should think that with the knowledge we gain from this site and the od books that we aquire we should be able to servive. I would hope that if the day came we would all stick together. Wont we!!!
    A bad day on the hills is better than a good day in work any time.

Remember pain is only weakness leaving the body.

I'v just read Realeaners post on this thread,and yes it makes me think that us as a bunch of like minded guys we need a meet up point if the stuff hits the fan,(then martin can teetch me to spell)For us,partners,and offspring and any one els how wonts to live the life.Perhapes martin can go walkabout and find some wear for us.Sounds like a right good idea after 6 cans of cider.LoL

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    I'v just read Realeaners post on this thread,and yes it makes me think that us as a bunch of like minded guys we need a meet up point if the stuff hits the fan,(then martin can teetch me to spell)For us,partners,and offspring and any one els how wonts to live the life.Perhapes martin can go walkabout and find some wear for us.Sounds like a right good idea after 6 cans of cider.LoL
    If it hits the fan Tony, spelling will be the least of your worries.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Thing is if the s#%* does hit, all communication will be of no use, so maybe we need to learn about smoke signals, or the use of signal beacons etc.
    But maybe at some future meets a plan could be a topic of discussion around the camp fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I'd disagree that it could be done 'easily' but I'm sure it can be done. Not sure I want to find out though.

Martin
    I agree with what you are saying Martin after all when our ancestors where hunter gatherers and lived off the land, pretty much all of England was a forest. Complete with bears and other wild animals that you just dont see anymore. To survive now for any length of time you would probably be fighting a very tough uphill battle. Bleak yes but true. As for smoke signals that would be an intensly bad idea because there would be plenty of people who have no idea how to live off the land so stealing from someone else would be a viable option. Smoke signals would just advertise where you are. Happy Happy Happy!

Peasant
    imo, living off the land would be a hard life in our world today, the people of the past had more wild animals to pray on, large areas of untamed land full of wild food that most people now call weeds. our ancestors would have had a mental map of were to forage and hunt and also the skills to do so past down to then by there ancestors. We have lost contact with the skills needed to live this way though some of us are trying to learn them again. simple things like only taking what is needed instead of taking all you can find so that next time there will still be something to take. were to find fresh water with all the crap that get into our water ways today. its a hard one this yes you could live from the bounty of the land but i feel as our ancestors did you would have to be nomadic and follow the bounty through the seasons. i feel to just stay in one place and live off wots around you would be very hard.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Two posts deleted. Play nicely or please don't play at all!!!

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.