Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle riders?

bike bum ive got a saracen road/mountain bike,and it needs some extra mods on it,can i put mtb tyres on it,at the moment there thinish road tyres with the vary narrow valves if you know what i mean.
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

What size tires? you shouldn't have to much to change ya may be able to size up without anything more than new tubes specially if it's got 26s on it
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

ill have to have a look m8 but im sure they are 26s.

@swkieran Should be no worries then. What brand ya ridin bike wise any pics of your ride?
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

its a saracen m8,and ill have to dig it out at from the back of the shed,it's behind another little project of mine a honda cub 90,i only paid 30 for the push bike it's fairly modern snap shift gears and front suspension,but i do know it needs new tyres,i'ts a hybrid it looks like a mountain bike but it's geared up for road use

ive just measured the circumfrance of the wheel and shes a 26 inch , my shed needs a clear out aswell,you cant move in there lol
    Last edited by swkieran; 30-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Banned
    I used to ride my Mother's "Palm Beach" bike all over the Wiltshire Downs wonderful ride and sensible sized wheels not kiddy Mountain Bike style. The three-speed Sturmey-Archer gear was all that was needed. Nothing wrong with getting off and pushing or standing up on the pedals as necessary. I am sure it was lighter though than my children's mountain bikes of ten or so years ago.

I've got a GIANT 830 ATX, hard tail with adjustable suspension front forks, with the obligatory seat mounted tool pouch ( all the usual, including tubes, valves, tools + leatherman etc) MTB tires (australian roads are crap, so are the foot paths) shimano sis gears, orig 18 speed, dropped the outer sproket for better clearance over logs etc so back to 12 gears (not built for speed these days anyway) and have a bash guard to protect the sproket. I'll get some pics up, the beast has gone 12 years so far expecting another 12!
    Bang on!

ide love one of these:

www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I've got one of these.

This isn't my bike but a pic I found on the internet however mine is identical to this one.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Martin, I don't ride anything that has a skin tight latex criteria, or anyone for that matter. Nice bike none the less
    Bang on!