Thread: Alpkit

Tribal Elder

Alpkit

Can't believe theres not a thread here for these guys...

http://www.alpkit.com

Good mixture of gear mostly oriented towards the mountain kids but a bit of everything.

Reason I was looking for the thread is that, apparantly, they have some tents coming out...

http://www.alpkit.com/support/product_updates

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Yeah, but they've never got anything in stock. I was looking to buy one of their sleeping bags a while ago but they never had any. I did buy one of their head torches, which is really good, but they only had them in pink!! Good job I only wear it in the dark.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tribal Elder
    Haha yes the fandango.... I also have one thats pink....least noone will steal it. Got one of their bags it is extremely comfortable .... when i snapped and decided to buy the other 3 season one it was gone...and that's their lightweight summer model just come back into stock. Got to say though everything I buy off of them is top notch

I have a gamma head torch which im pleased with - oh and i got a freebie mobile phone case off them at the outdoors show
    [

A major manufacturer of torches/flashlights, of which I'm the South African distributor, produces a couple of their torches in pink, to support Breast Cancer awareness
    month (October), I've bought and supplied these units for the last couple of years and find that the majority of customers for them are men!
    This places you guys in a group of, shall we say, caring people!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yeah, but they've never got anything in stock. I was looking to buy one of their sleeping bags a while ago but they never had any. I did buy one of their head torches, which is really good, but they only had them in pink!! Good job I only wear it in the dark.

Martin
    ha ha love it.

Tribal Elder
    Alpkits tents just appeared on their website http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?...ategory_id=253

for the weight and price, you could get a TN laser or a GB akto when its on offer... probably not great unless you actually plan to sleep pretty high up and pretty exposed

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    I've got the Hunka XL Bivi bag, bl***y brilliant bag, I paid about £20 -£25 for it at a show they we expo'ing at. And I have one of their light weight SI mats.
    Excellent kit if you can get hold of it.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.