Thread: parking at dartmoor

parking at dartmoor

any 1 know of sum good spots to leave a car 4 a couple of days around ashburton area as this is my first time down the moors and just trying to find sum easy spots to park and get access to the area...unless any 1 knows a better area for water, coverage and an easy trek...remember i am a virgin so go easy lol

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Can't really give you any actual parking spots but please follow the normal rules of security when parking in the National Park. There are far too many instances of people leaving their cars unattended and returning to find them one window fewer than when they left them.

Other than that, there are loads of places to park within the National Park and all of them are free.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Can't really give you any actual parking spots but please follow the normal rules of security when parking in the National Park. There are far too many instances of people leaving their cars unattended and returning to find them one window fewer than when they left them.

Other than that, there are loads of places to park within the National Park and all of them are free.

Martin
    thanks martin,like i said i am a newbie to the area and car security in the national park anything i should be doing or not be doing.i have the bylaws but havnt seen anything about security measures..thanks again

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dubman View Post
    thanks martin,like i said i am a newbie to the area and car security in the national park anything i should be doing or not be doing.i have the bylaws but havnt seen anything about security measures..thanks again
    I believe there is stuff on the NP website but the basic rules apply. Don't leave valuables in the car don't leave stuff on the seats, maybe leave the glove box open so people can see that it's empty etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I've left my car up there dozens of times and never had a problem but it is known as a black spot for vehicle crime.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

thanks again martin i will be doing those things anyway but all help is help.thanks