Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ten Tors Challenge The Revenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ooh, well we were all pretty chuffed that we used everything we took with the exception of the emergency kit, like first aid kits, emergency rations etc.

Kieran's, Adam's and my kit lists are here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...FiLXc&hl=en_GB

I set off with about 4 litres of water in my two Platypus pouches which naturally added 4Kg to my base kit weight and I brought home some of the food I took, notably my boil in the bag breakfast and a large bag of peanuts. Between these two items there was around 1.5Kg in weight plus other uneaten food must have weighed in at over 2Kg in total. Having managed to cut down my other kit to very manageable levels, I must now concentrate on only bringing enough food and water to sensibly last me through the trip. Of course, it's no fun to go hungry but it makes no sense to bring loads of stuff home with you.

Martin
    I used my first aid kit!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I used my first aid kit!
    Actually, so did I as I used the antihistamine tablets.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Ooh, well we were all pretty chuffed that we used everything we took with the exception of the emergency kit, like first aid kits, emergency rations etc.

Kieran's, Adam's and my kit lists are here:

I set off with about 4 litres of water in my two Platypus pouches which naturally added 4Kg to my base kit weight and I brought home some of the food I took, notably my boil in the bag breakfast and a large bag of peanuts. Between these two items there was around 1.5Kg in weight plus other uneaten food must have weighed in at over 2Kg in total. Having managed to cut down my other kit to very manageable levels, I must now concentrate on only bringing enough food and water to sensibly last me through the trip. Of course, it's no fun to go hungry but it makes no sense to bring loads of stuff home with you.

Martin
    Tried to access the document but apparently I don't have access so I have sent a permission request.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Tried to access the document but apparently I don't have access so I have sent a permission request.
    Try this link then.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Sorry Martin but it still says I don't have permission to view and asks for me to send a request to your gmail account

well i'm still pretty active, have quit the cig's a while ago, so i think i can just about manage 15miles a day, going to have to slim down my kit tho, and get some walking boots!! but i'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Sorry Martin but it still says I don't have permission to view and asks for me to send a request to your gmail account
    Weird! It's not my document but Kieran's. Maybe he has to give you the link?? Not too sure mate.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    well i'm still pretty active, have quit the cig's a while ago, so i think i can just about manage 15miles a day, going to have to slim down my kit tho, and get some walking boots!! but i'm in.
    Ideal!! Look forward to seeing you there then. Whenever and wherever there is.

Martin

Weird! It's not my document but Kieran's. Maybe he has to give you the link?? Not too sure mate.

Martin
    Kieran - could I have permission to view? I think the request probably went to you. Its the request with justin....gmail in the address.

Cheers