Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I Camp? (UK)

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I have a feeling that the souvenir shop will be a bit "unavailable".
    That will be a disappointment but I'm sure you'll make up for it.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I assume that Martin has changed the title of this thread, not that it bothers me, but I wouldn't want people to think I'm asking them to reveal their hard sought and found locations without me doing my own leg-work.

Feel free to disclose if you want though!

Generally I have found that Im left alone as i set up late and leave early, and leave no trace. I was once 'caught' bt 2 NP rangers who rather than tell me off were on their way to do exactly the same and have a night out.

What they did object to was about 15 people who had literally taken over a little island and trashed it

Glad to share one or two local spots of mine if you're ever in the West Riding
    [

West Yorkshire's not too far away from me, let me know when and where
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

sure thing Bob, planning a night out very soon, just a bit 'time' poor at the moment - never been so busy and having nowt to show at the end of it !!
    [

Where do you live Bob? Cant be too far from me in outskirts of Middlesbrough!

i'v used my hammock in the woods at Newgate Bank forest on the B1257 just outside Helmsley with no problems. get there late and leave early and absolutaly no fires though which is a downer but guess you cant have everything!

theres also some good spot on Eston hills but best go during the week when the kids are at school to ensure some peace and quiet!!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

I'm in Stockton. Funnily enough, I was bowling for Durham county at Kirkby Moorside last Saturday and was looking at the woodland to the north of Helmsley and up to Clay bank.

I've since been told that it's all forestry owned land and, as you stated, absolutely no fires. The only downer for me would be the late arrival and early leaving. I'd be looking for a two or three nighter.

I'm a keen angler and spend quite a lot of time bivvie'd on the banks. I'm just looking to get a bit more hands on with the bushcraft side of things.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Err, I never changed the thread title. Must have been one of the other, far more illustrious, moderators.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Sorry Martin, I assumed it was you as you were responding and you're a mod'.

Doesn't matter anyhow

Just get out and explore mate. Trial and error is how you learn.