Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Come on Scots

I totally agree pal. You forgot to mention the more civilized society that has free dental care and manages to educate students without loans. Not to mention the countless world beating inventions like the telephone, television, tarmacadam etc...

Now there's snow on the ground, maybe even the midges have gone away for a bit?
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    I totally agree pal. You forgot to mention the more civilized society that has free dental care and manages to educate students without loans. Not to mention the countless world beating inventions like the telephone, television, tarmacadam etc...

Now there's snow on the ground, maybe even the midges have gone away for a bit?
    They do have quite a few advantages over us south of the border, but them midge critter's up at Kinlochleven wear tackety boots and have six inch fangs and eat sassenachs for breakfast. I know I've been there.

Aye Ive seen them carry off Cattle

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

If you do get a meet up going give us a shout some of us Taff,s have a fondness for bonnie Scotland.
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Interesting thread, this one; I have a half-baked plan to have a wander around Galloway Forest area at the back end of march or early April with just me and my dog, hoping that the weather won't be too harsh and the midgies won't be out at that time!
    I don't know the area at all, have a rough plan to park somewhere near Clatteringshaw Loch, wander up past the north side of Lock Dee (my wife's name, no other reason!) and round glen Trool then back over Curlywee because I like the name. A slow two-nighter, looking for wildlife...
    ...any comments on this rough itinerary greatly appreciated!