Thread: Repairing deep scuffs/cuts in leather boots

Tribal Elder

Repairing deep scuffs/cuts in leather boots

So my boots I am always banging on about...

I have managed to kick maybe a few sharp edges too often and there are some fairly deep cuts in the toe of the boot... naturally I dont want to kick it a few more times and end up with a hole...can these be fixed?

Cheers

Are they leather uppers ? you could always try and burn them down a bit we had to when we wanted to get a deep shine on them Now don't ask me to describe how to do the process LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Don't know if you have it over there, but Shoo Goo would work, is a strong adhesive gel you fix shoes with (generally gluing the sole back on) that remains flexible after drying. Maybe fill the cuts with that and refinish the leather?

I hot dubb mine after a real wollocking, with a warm mix of bees wax mixed with neats foot, apply then warm in with a flame i use a hair dryer lol, an old crotchety gilly told me how...
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Tribal Elder
    thanks chaps...ordered some of that shoogoo stuff so we'll see how that goes