Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bushcraft Show lake windermere Weekend the 3rd till the 5th of June 2011

" Charcoaler "
    Maybe a little off topic but. I am new to this game and was really worried about hosting my first meet , having never attended one let alone hosted! i just thought oh well lets give it a go , and people will tell me where i had gone wrong or where i could improve .

I think the main thing is be honest , and don't promise things you can't deliver , you know, like the beach being a stones throw from the hotel scenario. I f you are up front with people as regards , access,parking, distance,amenities etc , then you should be ok .
    I waited for a bit of a slagging after so many people came to my place and was ready , coz the old saying you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time thing . But luckily because they knew what to expect , i just had a few good ideas on how to improve things , then again i dont charge like the others !!
    The member formerly known as Marcus Absent

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    As i say maybe we should try and get some way of identifying each other sorted out like a cap or something. Any plans to sell anything like that Ashley? It might help fund the site!
    T shirts and sew on badges? I'd buy one.....
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Maybe a little off topic but. I am new to this game and was really worried about hosting my first meet , having never attended one let alone hosted! i just thought oh well lets give it a go , and people will tell me where i had gone wrong or where i could improve .

I think the main thing is be honest , and don't promise things you can't deliver , you know, like the beach being a stones throw from the hotel scenario. I f you are up front with people as regards , access,parking, distance,amenities etc , then you should be ok .
    I waited for a bit of a slagging after so many people came to my place and was ready , coz the old saying you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time thing . But luckily because they knew what to expect , i just had a few good ideas on how to improve things , then again i dont charge like the others !!
    Hi Ivan the thing is the meeting they had was largely advertised and had a lot of Exhibitors there so they should have planned for that I think in your case you have been up front about what you have and we are all coming for a bushcraft weekend That means a bit of what is to be expected for a weekend I the lakes I expected to be away from the main part of things but if your expecting anything from over say 50 to a 100 people you should plan for that like toilets being in place on time and working. I think in someways they did not expect the numbers they got and that was bad planning

Whereas you have organised and planned and know just about exactly how many will attend I think from what I have read your doing a good job and I can't wait to get there

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    T shirts and sew on badges? I'd buy one.....
    Me tooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was there too...
    The organisation was a bit dis-organised and yes there were a few problems. However, it was their first show and there were bound to be mistakes. Lets hope they get as much feedback as they can, inorder to improve the show for next year.
    The woman on the stand next to us waited 2 hours for food, in the hog roast que. She ended up being handed some oven cooked pork in a bap (apparantly they ran out of hog roast). What a P*ss Take!

I was the one selling and demonstrating Fire Pistons.....I think I met a few of you: MikeWilkinson & J_P it was nice meeting you. Did I meet anyone else from here?

See you at the WG

Hi buddy, your firepiston has gone into my fire demo bag of doom lol, ive engraved my initials into it so i wont give it away!! Yup look forward to seeing you at the WG !!!!
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHCRAFTTOOLS View Post
    I think I met a few of you. Did I meet anyone else from here?
    Yes you did fella! Me and my buddy each bought the large fire piston set off you first thing friday and then crippled ourselves laughing trying to get them to work back at the tent (despite your excellent tutorial). On the second day we came back for more help and bingo we are both getting a good coal now just about every go so thanks for the help. Oh and the cramp ball you threw in for free!
    Top bit of kit, very well made and an excellent price so thanks again.
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

I was there too...
    The organisation was a bit dis-organised and yes there were a few problems. However, it was their first show and there were bound to be mistakes. Lets hope they get as much feedback as they can, inorder to improve the show for next year.
    The woman on the stand next to us waited 2 hours for food, in the hog roast que. She ended up being handed some oven cooked pork in a bap (apparantly they ran out of hog roast). What a P*ss Take!

I was the one selling and demonstrating Fire Pistons.....I think I met a few of you: MikeWilkinson & J_P it was nice meeting you. Did I meet anyone else from here?

See you at the WG
    I saw you doing the demo but I was sort of in the background I think I may have had a quick natter with a girl at your stand.

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    I saw you doing the demo but I was sort of in the background I think I may have had a quick natter with a girl at your stand.

.....I saw you chatting my girlfriend up!!

.....I saw you chatting my girlfriend up!!

Is that the girl with the Tats on her feet I would never chat someones girlfriend up