Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bushcraft Show lake windermere Weekend the 3rd till the 5th of June 2011

I went to the show by myself and fortunatley for me i had a whale of a time. It was my first event of this type and it was a bit daunting being on my own. I was told at the booking tent that the field at the front of the lake might be full but to try it and see if there was a space. the staff i spoke to couldnt have been more helpful one even went off and got me a pot scrubber for my billy when they saw me scrubbing it with grass! The toilets i used were fine, other than people stuffing bog roll down one and causing it to over flow and the usual dirt coming in on peoples shoes i had no problems with them. One thing that was a bit crap was that some people insisted on parking their vehicles on the camping area beside the lake. This took up space that could have been used by others and i did hear one rude camper giving off to one of the staff when they asked them if they would move it to allow access. The only thing i did find was pretty poor was the catering, the staff manning the cafe were obviously not catering staff and didn't really have a clue what they were doing. this to me is a minor hiccup and could be fixed easily. I spoke to one of the staff who approached me for feedback when i was packing and he told me they had not anticipated so many turning up. I would say buy next year it will have improved. The stalls and traders were first class as i said it was my first time but wont be my last. The only thing i forgot to do was head back to the BUSHCRAFTTOOLS stand and pick up one of their Pyro pistons, they were doing an excellent offer one them and they are a first class piece of kit, im annoyed to have missed that show offer!!!!
    Last edited by Martin; 11-06-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Language

I sent them an email and still havent heard back from three days ago Oh well I will be at Ivans or Cornwall next year anyway
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Seems like most people had the same experience as us.

Definitely agree we need a NB forum T-shirt/Shirt/Hat or something - maybe see if we can get a few people interested in a group buy and organize for a nice Long Sleeved Cotton Tactical Shirt with the Natural Bushcraft Logo embroided on and a space for a name perhaps?
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Seems like most people had the same experience as us.

Definitely agree we need a NB forum T-shirt/Shirt/Hat or something - maybe see if we can get a few people interested in a group buy and organize for a nice Long Sleeved Cotton Tactical Shirt with the Natural Bushcraft Logo embroided on and a space for a name perhaps?
    Love the ideas we just need Ash or Martin to get on here now and say something I think

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    The only thing i forgot to do was head back to the BUSHCRAFTTOOLS stand and pick up one of their Pyro pistons, they were doing an excellent offer one them and they are a first class piece of kit, im annoyed to have missed that show offer!!!!

Shame you missed the offer......send me an email if your still kicking yourself.

Bushcrafttools.com.

Actually....if anyone else missed out, then email me (mention Natural Bushcraft).

Come on Martin comment please I know your reading this

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Come on Martin comment please I know your reading this

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

Martin
    Not good enough mate any ideas about T-Shirts I got a dry mouth in the lakes telling everyone what nice guy and gals yous are LOL

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I have some experience of this in another life. The problem, as I see it, is that there are several people who say they want a tee shirt, or fleece, or sweat shirt etc. So, 'someone' takes it on board and gets prices for the garment along with printing. The suppliers want a minimum number to make it worth while which is always more than demand. No one wants to stump up money up front so 'someone' decides he will put his hand in his own pocket and buys the said shirts which several of those who were keen say that they are either too dear, or the wrong colour, or the wrong style or in the wrong fabric etc etc, and the poor bugger who's spent time and his own money on a shed load of tee-shirts is out of pocket.

I've seen this happen too many times for it to be coincedence. If you would like to prove me wrong, by all means do the work and post some prices up on the forum for comments.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have some experience of this in another life. The problem, as I see it, is that there are several people who say they want a tee shirt, or fleece, or sweat shirt etc. So, 'someone' takes it on board and gets prices for the garment along with printing. The suppliers want a minimum number to make it worth while which is always more than demand. No one wants to stump up money up front so 'someone' decides he will put his hand in his own pocket and buys the said shirts which several of those who were keen say that they are either too dear, or the wrong colour, or the wrong style or in the wrong fabric etc etc, and the poor bugger who's spent time and his own money on a shed load of tee-shirts is out of pocket.

I've seen this happen too many times for it to be coincedence. If you would like to prove me wrong, by all means do the work and post some prices up on the forum for comments.

Martin
    Ok mate I will have a look into it and see what I can find i will have to get Ash to give me the ok I think tho as it would be representing the forum or have the logo on it. So I will need a picture i will copy the one at the top and see what quality I get for now unless yous have a better one