Thread: How to Make Sloe Gin

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up How to Make Sloe Gin

Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Substitute young Beech leaves for the Sloes to make a really nice Beech leaf liqueur, or do something similar but use a bourbon whisky and blackberries mmmmm!!!
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

I still can't view most of the Videos posted on here. I've downloaded the latest version of "Flash" I still have the stupid circular symbol running as though it trying to download but nothing is happening
    Any sensible suggestions are welcome ( I have checked the Broadband speeds and am getting 6mpbs and .3)
    Last edited by happybonzo; 02-06-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    I still can't view most of the Videos posted on here. I've downloaded the latest version of "Flash" I still have the stupid circular symbol running as though it trying to download but nothing is happening
    Any sensible suggestions are welcome ( I have checked the Broadband speeds and am getting 6mpbs and .3)
    I will sort you out via PM.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

A lot of people waste time by pricking each sloe with a pin to release more flavour.
    Save your energy by laying them out on a tray and patting them lightly with an old, worn out wire brush.

I make sloe gin & my top tip is to make it in air tight plastic containers (must be very clean) and then put them in the boot of your car for the first couple of months. That way you never forget to shake it!

I also don't bin the fruit use it for jam afterwards for bloody brilliant conserve or stew it with a little sugar for a compote to make a very grown up dessert e.g crumble or trifle or just hot with ice-cream!

Trust me I'm a Chef!
    If it can't be carried it aint needed