Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Gathering

Thats when you grab one of the Scouts with a trolly, tip them a couple of quid for their troop funds, job done.

Hi jus_young I was thinking the same thing about the truck, it abe well loaded for the 4 day stay.I was even thinking of camping up at the top rite side camping field above the weekend visitors parking.But if there are some dip dip dobers there with trollis I dont mind giving one of them a shilling to run my gear down to where I wont to camp.Mind you I think Fish is going to be up around the pond some wear ,I'll have a look then I get there.Hope to meet up with you and the other forum members that are going.Atb..........DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS..............TONY

I am going to have to stay in the woods as thats the only place that camp fires are allowed (dutch oven cooking for this trip). I don't think it will be a problem as I am having a good sort out of the stuff and reduced it down drastically anyway. I don't know if any scouts are present, if they are I could wear my leaders uniform and get it carried for free!

The Scouts are there every year, helping out with the car parking, kit unloading etc. Good bunch of lads.

Ha ray for the dib dib dobers and there woggales LoL.They can help me I'v got loads of stuff to get out of the Truck.

Once again I'm in awe of the bushcraft addage : "know more, carry less". Always lots of folk with a car full of stuff to carry

dutch ovens are great, but they are heavy. I bet most of the people with the heaviest cooking kit on site will also be the ones with the lightweight sleeping arrangements. I'm normally the other way around, my cooking kit is normally a single bronze pan and a small kettle; where as I bring a stufred estate car with me for the rest of my gear (but it is my stall at the show!)
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

primus folding pan job done!
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

If it was me alone its definately a case of as little as possible but when the family is going it becomes a whole different game. Everything multiplied by four, air beds, bigger tent, portable kitchen...

stay in the field camping area..
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Hi J_P,can you have a fire in the comping field as long as it's off the ground.............See you tomorrow.........TONY