Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shelter building

thrusday night going spending night in his shelter will take pics and let you know how he gets on

Jamie's first night in shelter

hi guys my cousin did his first night in shelter.. (last night)

start building a small group shelter also for when we go again just letting you know how he got on

Jamie's words ( i cant wait to go again and experience next week after spotting deer this morning and relaxing round the fire was a great night )

i will keep you up to date on how he gets on when I take him up to Scotland for the first time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamie nite3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	1595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basicbushcraft 2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basic bushcraft.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamie nite2.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	1592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamie nite.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	1591  

Looks like you had a fantastic time. I love that group shelter, im sure ive sen a similar one on a country traks episode with Ray Mears. You should give me a shout when your in Scotland

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Spot on guys... shows there's no substitute for just getting out there and doing it :-)
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

will do mate where about you from in scotland
    we had a great night really enjoyed the fact that it was his first night under the stars in a shelter

ray mears does something like that on country tracks will try and find it and post video pal

Quote Originally Posted by RobbC View Post
    Looks like you had a fantastic time. I love that group shelter, im sure ive sen a similar one on a country traks episode with Ray Mears. You should give me a shout when your in Scotland

Robb

Im in Fife, got some nice patches of woods by me. I havent had a chance to camp out for months

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

cool do you fancy a meet up mate i can get to inverkeiting what sort of woodland is it

Its pretty variod, theres pine, birch, beach a few Oaks, some willOw and in a few areas full of sycamore. If u go onto ma profile, in the general bushcrafty stuff album thats got pics of a couple o areas.

Robb

hey robb pm mate and we will sort a meet out

Tribal Elder
    Hey can you guys give me a shout if your having a meet up here?