Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Poshcrafting

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    with fresh Himalayan spring water, carried by yaks before being bottled into sterile Swarovski decanters and then shipped....
    Now you're starting to get the idea.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

So is it possible to be a poor Poshcrafter, or am I just out of my depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    ...watching this one with interest...

Oh yes, there is a distinction between Posh and Expensive. I have some expensive kit, but then I'm out many weeks of the year and I want it to be both good and light. Posh kit, in my opinion, is things like pillows (proper pillows, not blow up pillows), pyjamas (though there is a case for PJs and sleeping bags) and filter coffee (OK, that's one of mine )
    Steve Marvell
    Professional Survival Instructor
    Blog: Survival's Cool also available on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Poshcrafting is 'beyond bushcraft' It's firing-up the stove in the moring to boil your billy-can and steam your flanels for a hot-steamy face wash
    The thought was running through my head... 'I like that idea.. I could do that.. Hummmm'

I guess I would need a little rack in my billy to keep the flannels out of the boiling water, just so they steam.. who's up for a commission?

Poshcrafter tip: You know you can use Exped (the best, obviously) dry bags to steam - with a boiled (sterile flannel)- any cotton cloths needed for a wet shave / discrete cleaning procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell View Post
    Oh yes, there is a distinction between Posh and Expensive. I have some expensive kit, but then I'm out many weeks of the year and I want it to be both good and light. Posh kit, in my opinion, is things like pillows (proper pillows, not blow up pillows), pyjamas (though there is a case for PJs and sleeping bags) and filter coffee (OK, that's one of mine )
    I think I might just be a hardcore poshcrafter....

On my last camp (the only thing in my defence is that is was a static scout camp and my car was right next to my tent)
    I took.....

A double blow up bed c/w electric pump.... A Double duvet and yes a real pillow.... lmao....

Is there any hope for me or have I gone too far, beyond the dark side and over to the Posh side?

I took.....

A double blow up bed c/w electric pump.... A Double duvet and yes a real pillow.... lmao....

Is there any hope for me or have I gone too far, beyond the dark side and over to the Posh side?
    The farce is strong in this one!
    Steve Marvell
    Professional Survival Instructor
    Blog: Survival's Cool also available on Facebook

I think I might just be a hardcore poshcrafter....

On my last camp (the only thing in my defence is that is was a static scout camp and my car was right next to my tent)
    I took.....

Exped down mat, sleeping bag and (if it's really cold), army issue wool blanket - sorted!

Does anyone know where I can get an titanium version of my current backpacking iron?.. I'm quite happy with my multi-fold collapsible ironing board, I really would like a slightly lighter iron as this one is difficult to stow in my backpack. Do Woodlore sell them, does anyone know?