Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Poshcrafting

And here I thought I was bad taking little packets of sugar and military rations of instant coffee when I go camping. Lol

Does toilet paper count?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OKBushcraft View Post
    Does toilet paper count?
    Toilet paper is obligatory; a bidet is optional but preferable.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Hey TinkyPete nice to see a familer bushcrafter here. i take a camp chair to meets and recently did a group cook potjie witch is a compleat luxary carrying that and the rest of my kit in took 3 trips to the car ok fair enough that includs the big bag of wood i had to bring in as the site dosent have much dead fall.

So... the penny finally drops for me... now I know what poshcrafting is...! - clearly Martin is the guy to pitch next to at the next meet
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by paul standley View Post
    So... the penny finally drops for me... now I know what poshcrafting is...! - clearly Martin is the guy to pitch next to at the next meet
    Poshcrafting is 'beyond bushcraft' It's firing-up the stove in the moring to boil your billy-can and steam your flanels for a hot-steamy face wash
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by karl82 View Post
    Hey TinkyPete nice to see a familer bushcrafter here. i take a camp chair to meets and recently did a group cook potjie witch is a compleat luxary carrying that and the rest of my kit in took 3 trips to the car ok fair enough that includs the big bag of wood i had to bring in as the site dosent have much dead fall.
    Hi karl82,

Is the 'potjie' you refer to a Seth Efrican potjie with the three legs? If so, I've used these loads (used to live in SA and did national service there as well). They're great!!!

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Ja Fletching it is the SA Potjie with the 3 legs the pot that no matter what you cook in it its a Potjie if its curry its a Potjie curry . Im ex SA grew up their moved out of family home and over to the UK when i was 19 lucky my grandparents are all british, the best thing i ever did i love it here in the UK fantastic country. couldent poshcamp in South Africa you would get robed.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    a bidet is optional but preferable.

Martin, I challenge you to whittle up a bidet....

or am I missing the point. Is it only really poshcrafting when you get your butler to carry in the bidet and plumb it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    when you get your butler to carry in the bidet and plumb it up for you.
    with fresh Himalayan spring water, carried by yaks before being bottled into sterile Swarovski decanters and then shipped....