Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: My rifles

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Sounds just like me with my old rifle. It had a good recoil, so I had to learn how to hold it properly. How are you resting your gun..? A springer needs to be cushioned to absorb the kick because the pellet does not leave the barrel before the recoil. Do not rest the gun on a hard surface. I was advised to rest the gun on a bean bag or similar, or on my hand turned thumb up (hard to explain but it works well as a cushion).
    Practice practice practice is your best friend.
    Get a gun gallery like this for practising on http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf...setting-target They are self resetting and the target is about the size of a rabbits head ;0)
    If you learn to shoot a springer well, you will be able to shoot many other types of gun well..
    +1
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

As a newbie, I've only just come across this thread. It has prompted me to dig out my old Air Rifle, which to be honest, I ever only used for target practice in the garden. i am now however thinking about turning my attention to the odd Rabbit or Wood Pigeon, we get a lot of both in the garden.
    I don't know anything about Air Rifles, so I have no idea as to the suitability of this gun, perhaps somebody will advise. It is about 20 years old, but I did clean/oil quite regularly and it appears to be in very good condition. The make is Air Arms tx 200. (.22)

This is the gun in question;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131214_101403(0).jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	10920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131214_101434.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	10921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131214_101443.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	10922

Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by robmac; 14-12-2013 at 10:23 AM.

well if its pushing out near 12ft1b then its a superb rifle for game.
    i had one years ago and found it fitted the bill perfectly,if my memory serves me correctly have they got an inertia system built into them making them recoiless ...atb kev

Quote Originally Posted by headshot View Post
    well if its pushing out near 12ft1b then its a superb rifle for game.
    i had one years ago and found it fitted the bill perfectly,if my memory serves me correctly have they got an inertia system built into them making them recoiless ...atb kev
    I can't remember any recoil, it's a long while since I used it, but I do remember it was extremely accurate! I'll do some more research and try it out over the weekend.

heres my Hatsan Mod 60s pushes a consistant 11.8/7 ftlb hoping on fitting a silencer and carbining the barrel by a few inches as at 52" its a bit long... dosnt get used as much as it should tho

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8415124020_1038a426f2_b.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	11117

Here are a couple of mine before the cull.

Trapper
    here's a few of mine

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Probably not; sorting bad trigger pulls out would cost more than the rifle cost in the first place - sorry
    Bought myself a new trigger for it, a WWT2 from a Gunsmith in Wales, only £25. Removes the long second stage. Will provide a update as to its accuracy when I've fitted it. Thought it was worth trying something with the rifle.