Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermarests

Hi,
    Can recommend the Alpkit inflating matresses. Reasonable price, well made, great service. With a dodgy back I still use a cut down foam mat underneath too.Might not have hill cred, but warm comfy and can walk the next day too!

Peasant
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Look at the website of go outdoors (gooutdoors.co.uk) they send us a periodic flyer and I saw one recently that featured what you're after, made (I think) by HI Gear normally £20 on offer @£10. sorry I think we chucked it out but try the website - they're usually pretty good on price, but the nearest branch would be loogabarooga unless you got it online.

How about the obvious shops in Lindum ie: Yeomans (high st.), Blacks (steep hill) or Linsports (clasketgate/Silverstreet-ish). Decathlon sports at the Ikea park (A610 Nottingham) used to have a good selection of cheaper alternatives, with differing thicknesses.
    I thought linsports went a good 10yrs ago!? I keep hearing about this Decathlon place too so maybe it's time I went for a look!

Yeah, saw the go outdoors advert last night, if I lived closer to one I'd go for a look but I'm leaning towards the vango trek mat which are about £20 - anyone tried one? They get good write ups, I've yet to see anything bad said about it, so might give one a go and move on to something more expensive if it looks like it'd be worth doing.
    Last edited by Sleepy; 03-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Peasant
    Went for the alpkit in the end, but got the dirtbag bucause I'm unlikely to be carrying it far - that's just as well though as I underestimated it's packed size (not far off that of the old foam mats!).

Looking forward to trying it out now!

I just bought one of these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

So far, so good (on the hardwood floor), not sure exactly if it needs constant inflating/deflating to get the best out of it, seems the third time I inflated it it got thicker, and also blew some air into it and that improved the comfort as well (the zip up cover is kinda chinsy though, zipper is cheap and is easily split when trying to put on). Bought it since I have a "camping"/fishing trip coming up this week with a co-worker and his buddies, so decided to splurge on a decent self inflating pad. Will let you know how it works out when I actually have to use it! Also got a vibrating bean-bag travel pillow, see how that works out too.

I know, I know, I'm as bad as Martin....... sheesh! At least I plan to use my wool blankets for this trip, my one sleeping bag is damned big and needs a wash, the other two I bought last year for the girls are mummy style, and I'm taking one just in case (compact), but hate the idea of having my feet tied together, I'm a side/stomach sprawler while sleeping.
    Last edited by CanadianMike; 08-05-2011 at 04:54 AM.