Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi gear inferno folding gas stove

To be totally honest, the two stoves are pretty much the same, just the power with one, and the stability of the other, are the only real difference. Both are about the same price too, if you get the warrior on ebay.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

hmmm i sense a spending spree at the weekend!

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    That looks like a lovely stove Adam. Thanks for sharing.

Do you remember the stove I posted about which I bought from Hong Kong? Well, I might just take that out this weekend with gas as the only fuel to see how it fares.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how well that one does. Still deciding whether to go for it or not

I've had an inferno, my summer stove for fishing, for a couple of years now. Very efficient, compact and light, but, and there's always a but! The metal gauze that sits over the burner worked loose, quite an easy fix but annoying at the time.

I was in go-outdoors a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the inferno has been given a face-lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I've had an inferno, my summer stove for fishing, for a couple of years now. Very efficient, compact and light, but, and there's always a but! The metal gauze that sits over the burner worked loose, quite an easy fix but annoying at the time.

I was in go-outdoors a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the inferno has been given a face-lift.
    Yes, you are quite correct. The previous Hi gear inferno (pz) had a gauze "nipple" protruding from the centre of the burner. This always used to burn out in time, as the stove was designed for straight butane, rather than butane/propane mix. A rather stupid thing to do for the Hi gear boys, as everyone uses/sells/has the butane/propane mix cannisters. The constant barrage of complains and returns caused the re branding of the Vango folding stove, to sell as the replacement Hi gear inferno.

Well, I have well and truly used this stove now, from boiling to cooking and even frying. This little stove is a sure winner. The igniter still works first time, every time. The flame control goes low enough to fry and simmer. Legs are still holding strong and the gasket continues to work perfectly, keeping the gas going in the correct places. Very fuel efficient, only just finished my first 500g canister. Plastic storage box is still functional and secure. No issues at all. Big thumbs up.