Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi gear inferno folding gas stove

Hi gear inferno folding gas stove

Have been using this little thing for nearly a week non stop. It's economical on the fuel, very stable, cheap, has SKS appeal, compact (fits inside a metal mug, even in its hard case), and decent boil times. 1 ltr takes 3-4 minutes to boil on ful power, and 5-6 minutes on half power. Instead of copying all the blurb on this one, I will just post the link where you can buy one.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/inferno-...-stove-p158211

The only slight concern, is I'm not sure how long the rivets will last, at the folding parts of the legs, they feel a little flimsy. I will let you know if and when they break.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Oooo me likie!

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

I think i may purchase one of these, because i dont actually own a stove

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

They are a very stable little stove, but if you want a little more power, try the Web-tex warrior field stove. Similar design, but with wire legs. I wrote a review on that one not long ago. This one only has 2.3kw and the Web-tex has 3kw, making it a little faster to boil. Both are about the same for noise levels, the Warrior comes in a bag not a box.

I think this one, in the box would be a bit better because i am quite ruff with my packs and the power isnt a big issue really. Thanks for the info.

Robb

i use trakker armo stove

made by a fishing company great stove almost the same as that but with wire legs and lot of power but thing of buy that now looks really well made and upto the job

thanks for the review saint

Thanks Anthony. It is a strong little stove, capable of taking the heaviest pot you have in your pack. Sounds like the Armo stove is more like the warrior field stove.

And Robb, I agree, I can be a bit rough with my kit too. If I take the Warrior, I put it inside two enamle mugs, end to end. It gives a little more protection, as long as it's held together in a pouch or gap in your pack.

I guess i could get a warrior if i take the time to pack it well. Im not used to stoves tbh.

Robb