Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange One - How do you stop a cat attack? (off topic survival)

Strange One - How do you stop a cat attack? (off topic survival)

Odd one this - How do you stop that ferocious tabby walking round you garden like he owns the place? But be careful he could tear you limb from limb in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by Metal mug; 23-04-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

This is a rather disturbing true story about someone I once knew through a friend....

He kept pidgeons and a cat used to sit on the roof of the shed scaring them. He put a 3ft by 3ft quarter inch steel plate where the cat sat on the roof, wired it to an electric switch in his house using 5mm electric cable, waited for the cat.... He blew the electrics in his whole street, didn't kill the cat which was his intension but never saw it on his roof again.

1. Stop wearing the fish on string round your neck.
    2. Turn a hose on the beast.
    3. Release the Hounds.
    4.Send your Butler out to shoo it away (for poshcrafters).

Andy
    Last edited by ANDYRAF; 23-04-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    I totally reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    This is a rather disturbing true story about someone I once knew through a friend....

He kept pidgeons and a cat used to sit on the roof of the shed scaring them. He put a 3ft by 3ft quarter inch steel plate where the cat sat on the roof, wired it to an electric switch in his house using 5mm electric cable, waited for the cat.... He blew the electrics in his whole street, didn't kill the cat which was his intension but never saw it on his roof again.
    If he had put a light bulb in the circuit, he wouldn't have blown the lecky.

Andy
    I totally reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by andyraf View Post
    if he had put a light bulb in the circuit, he wouldn't have blown the lecky.

Andy
    lol

We had a cat visit our house and eat our cat's meals. The final straw came when it tucked into a chicken we'd left on the kitchen counter top overnight. I came down to make a coffee for me and tea for my wife and found the intruder in the kitchen. I closed the door and fetched a pair of leather gardening gloves. I returned to the kitchen and locked myself in with the violator. I expected it to get really aggressive, but I think it was very happy and grateful for the excellent offering we'd left for it. I grabbed it by the back of the neck and took it outside. We had a water bin on the side of the house back then and I decided a dunking would make it unlikely to want to return. It went kah-ploonk into the bin and almost before the water could close over the top of it, it was out (this was in January a few years ago now - it was COLD). It darted for the gate, flew over it and down the drive. It left a trail of water all the way down the drive. We've never seen it since.

Tribal Elder
    go chinese on its a$$ and eat it...

I would generally recomend getting a dog but if he is anything like ours you would be out of luck. It tries to attack our cats all the time to the point that one of them would not come downstairs for months, but it will allow any stray into the house without even a thought of chasing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8 only known and proven way to do it
    Bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by feebullet View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8 only known and proven way to do it
    He went to a lot of trouble as you can buy "off the shelf" units with a PIR for protecting fish ponds - made oi larf tho
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/