Thread: Dartmoor 3 Days - 10 Item Challenge Trip Oct 2010

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Wink Dartmoor 3 Days - 10 Item Challenge Trip Oct 2010

Unfortunately my video-camera died on day 1 of this trip! So I couldn't make a video out of it like I hoped, so instead I compensated by trying to take lots of pics, I managed to get some I'm really happy with

Have a gander...
    - http://picasaweb.google.com/NaturalB...msTripOct2010#

Post back your thoughts!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Wow, great pictures Ashley, you are a really good photographer, can i ask you to judge me on the pictures i took?

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...rtime-Scotland

Jeime.
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature and It will never fail you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Have a gander...
    - http://picasaweb.google.com/NaturalB...msTripOct2010#

Post back your thoughts!
    Great set of images, what camera do you use? Sorry got a vested interest
    From Mark Massey Ba(Hons)Photography LOL
    Do I go out to take pictures, or do I take pictures because I'm out there?
    Never have been able to answer that question.

OOPS my bad found it now, 450D. Nice camera.
    Not used to Picasa, I use Flickr

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    OOPS my bad found it now, 450D. Nice camera.
    Not used to Picasa, I use Flickr
    Yeah, it's a Canon 450D, I'm jealous of my friends new Canon camera, think it's a 550D that also shoots HD video, which would be great for camping trips! Then I wouldn't have to carry a video-camera aswell.

I much prefer Picasa over Flickr for so many reasons, here's just a few; Picasa is a lot cleaner & faster to load with no adverts ever being displayed. The user interface is clean & intuitive even for new computer users. The photos dynamically scale to match the users resolution. Combined with the Picasa software it's the easiest solution I've ever come across for uploading photos (literally 1 click!) - this alone took hours of work out of maintaining my old website (which I just wanted to display my photos on) - www.ashleycawley.co.uk For proper photographers I think Picasa Web Albums is much improved way to display a portfolio.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    I much prefer Picasa over Flickr for so many reasons, here's just a few; Picasa is a lot cleaner & faster to load with no adverts ever being displayed. The user interface is clean & intuitive even for new computer users. The photos dynamically scale to match the users resolution. Combined with the Picasa software it's the easiest solution I've ever come across for uploading photos (literally 1 click!) - this alone took hours of work out of maintaining my old website (which I just wanted to display my photos on) - www.ashleycawley.co.uk For proper photographers I think Picasa Web Albums is much improved way to display a portfolio.
    I started using Flickr because it was part of an assignment in Uni, so I just never bothered to change it. I also keep my own website which to be honest I don't update as often as I should. www.markanthonyphotography.co.uk.

Anyway sorry for hijacking

Hobo
    top class, your web site, videos and these photos has inspiered me to get of my fat ass
    going to dartmoor myself next friday starting at postbridge and going in the general direction of kitt tor.
    i need to take a cam with me as i only have an iphone and i think it will be a crime not to take some good pic's