Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alien big cats

Alien big cats

Has anyone ever seen a big cat? Or found tracks of one? I found some quite large cat pawprints next to a dead sheep once, I do have some photos of the prints. (Somewhere ) The pain was that I didn't have anything to put in the photo to show scale. But there was something odd going on for certain.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

yep i have metal mug ,looked like a panther to me i didnt really have a chance to see it properly,only way i could describe it was like a greyhound only more squat and longer and it slinked when it ran,that was like 5 years ago now and it was out south brent way,it was one of those moments you wish you a had a camera on you lol.im not the only one to see them out that way,i do beleive there are big cats out on the moor and surronding countryside ,i think theyve been bought over illegally and got to much and people have released them,good luck in youre quest m8
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Ive found fresh tracks that looked like wolf tracks in the woods near me, massive they were to. Ive also found one track that looked just like a big cats one. Hasnt stopped me goin, although i now make damn sure i have my axe in my hand when im there. Lol

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Ha guys you be cairfull out there! ...............and dont get eaten by the bears.......atb............TONY

Its not the bears thats worrying me, its the possibility of wolves that is

Robb
    Last edited by RobbC; 20-04-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: This makes more sense than my first attempt lol
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

This "big cat" business has been dripping on for years. You would have thought that by now some little Oink would have wrapped his Corsa around one as the UK is not a very big place.

There has never been a big cat carcass found-as yet. There was a skull found a while back but the presence of micro organisms that were not native to the UK said that it may have been a hoax placed by naughty people.
    When the Dangerous Wild Animal Act was introduced a lot of strange animals found their way to Northern Ireland where the Act did not apply. I would not have put it past some owners just to have kicked their animals out on the local moors though.

The problem is that there are a lot of reports from what any of us on Natural Bushcraft would describe as "normal" people and not the lunatic fringe. My view is that there is something about and people who may know the definitive answer aren't telling. There was some report from the Forestry Commission that they may have had some images on a fixed IR camera but again, no-one is saying

With regard to tracks: Dog paw marks placed in mud will appear to become bigger with the passage of time. Take your dog and place his paw in some mud where it won't be disturbed and then go and look at the same print other following day. It will be bigger.

Wolves? @RobbC - isn't there some blokey in Scotland who wants to release the B. things up there? I should imagine that the local landowners and farmers are delighted at the prospect.

The places that have had reports that would warrent following up are Exmoor, Mid Wales and ? (supply your own fave sighting reports)
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

theres a guy on exmoor who keeps wolves,cant think of his name,and he eats,drinks and sleeps with them lol ,
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    theres a guy on exmoor who keeps wolves,cant think of his name,and he eats,drinks and sleeps with them lol ,
    They are kept at Combe Martin Wildlife Park. The blokes name is Shaun Ellis. He hasn't done too badly out of his antics though, I believe he has had quite a few tv appearances and a program made about the subject.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    This "big cat" business has been dripping on for years. You would have thought that by now some little Oink would have wrapped his Corsa around one as the UK is not a very big place....
    ahar! That's where your wrong; that's a common misconception - that none have ever been found or killed, the authorities do know about big-cats in the UK but keep it quiet as to not raise alarm, read a couple of blog enteries I made back in August....

- http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/wi...-cornwall.html - There's a list of big-cat fatalities in the UK on this page.

- http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/wi...-cornwall.html
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Excellent post - many thanks. I did know about the Hayling Island one
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/