Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ideas for small compact fishing kit

At least with braid there is no worry about it having 'spool memory', braid is all I've used past few years. But yes, it will cut you if enough pressure and line movement over your skin. I think fluorocarbon line is limp with less spool memory. Also, it has the same light refraction as water does, so the line under water is almost invisible.

Those of use who mainly fly fish (I haven't picked up my spinning reel in years) are at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to a 'compact' kit - I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any designs out there for fly fishing, and I haven't the brilliance of mind to create one .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

i will be making a few more of these in the next few days if anyones interested........if you need anymore info on them ask ash i sent him one.

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Those of use who mainly fly fish (I haven't picked up my spinning reel in years) are at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to a 'compact' kit - I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any designs out there for fly fishing, and I haven't the brilliance of mind to create one .
    At least the lures pack up smaller. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    At least the lures pack up smaller. Lol
    I have about 25 flies in a normal-sized Altoids tin, and I could easily fit another 25
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin