Thread: Scouting for Boys - Lord Baden Powell

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar

Scouting for Boys - Lord Baden Powell

Being that many people have been showing an interest in Richard Graves again, I thought I'd post this link to an online version of the original Scouting for boys texts.

http://www.thedump.scoutscan.com/yarns00-28.pdf

Now despite this being written for scouts, the information is priceless and much of what Robert Baden-Powell wrote was the basis for later books like Richard Graves 10 books of Bushcraft.

From Navigation to Tracking to Campcraft, this book is the original bushcraft manual in my opinion. Originally written in 1907 and published 1908 the contents of this book have been the inspiration for many a young adventurer for over 100 years.

I'm fortunate enough to have found a hardback copy of the 1957 thirtieth edition that takes pride of place on my bushcraft bookshelf.

Enjoy
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Nice find that. I have at home an edition of this at home but looks like mine is an older version as it dosn't have Air Scouts in.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Thumbs up

Lovin these links Mike, Cheers

Dug out my edition of it 1919, its not in bad nick apart from some 12 year old muppet trying to fix a rip in one page with sticky tape.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    My Pleasure Phil, I'm sure I have plenty more.

But in case you have missed some of the previous ones check out the thread below :-

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...-advanced-folk.

1919 hey res!! Would love to have a butchers at that, beats my 1957 hands down.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.