Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BushMeet on Dartmoor Fri 27th - Mon 30th May

Thumbs up BushMeet on Dartmoor Fri 27th - Mon 30th May

Date for next meet is Fri 27th - Mon 30th May , the bank holiday

__________________________________________________ ___

Link to the aftermath of last meet.
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71310

Here's a link to some great pics of the last meet.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevema...7626301301987/

WARNING this video is as funny as a big bag of funny stuff. Don't watch it with a mouthful of coffee. You have been warned
    The back story is this, the rope bridge and swings where set up for the kids, which they managed all day with no problem... but this is what happens when the big boys decide to play.
    ... the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK7u1ZqLqno
    __________________________________________________ ___________

THE SITE:
    12 acres woods ,clearings , marsh SSSI, and fields ,this is an area specifically for camping and bushcraft ,with direct access to the open moor.
    Fires, hammocks, tents all welcome. Fresh stream running right through the middle of the site, this is also used to supply a couple of local cottages and is tested twice a year.
    There is also plunge pools and a natural shower if you are brave enough.

THE COST:
    Cost £7.00 per person per night , under 16s £3.00
    including 1 group meal , use of site , parking, pots and pans etc, firewood and kindling

PARKING:
    There is parking and then about 1.2km walk to the site. Ivan can help with taking heavy kit on the quad if needed.

What more could you want...

Here's a link to a ballpark'ish location. More detailed instructions will be issued closer to the time.http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X...7561&A=Y&Z=120

Anyone is invited so long as you leave no trace and other wise respect the site.

Last edited by Freddy; 10-04-2011 at 10:05 PM.

What? no replies on here yet?
    Well I'll be there LOL
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

I find it hard to believe that there are no takers/comments.

Not even a titter about the video... did any of the hundred or so people that have checked out the thread even look at the video? It's worth a look honest

c'mon people get your names daaaan...

hi Mate I need to confirm with Ken but will get back to yous
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Great photo's and loved the SAS training video...!

I'm looking for the chance to get down to Ivan's place, I've been following the plot since Ivan first introduced himself on the forum but timings never been great and it's a bit of a jaunt from Wales but I will get there soon. Not sure I can make Whit bank holiday weekend due to other commitments (have to miss my own Wales mini-meet in May now...! and I had to miss the RV as well) but from June I'm much more of a free agent and will be taking up the next opportunity after then.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Love that video.. lol.. Will try to get up there, but am a bit skint at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    hi Mate I need to confirm with Ken but will get back to yous
    Not to worry Ben, I know you want to get down there, and are hoping to get there for the Ten Tors event Martin is sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by paul standley View Post
    Great photo's and loved the SAS training video...!

I'm looking for the chance to get down to Ivan's place, I've been following the plot since Ivan first introduced himself on the forum but timings never been great and it's a bit of a jaunt from Wales but I will get there soon. Not sure I can make Whit bank holiday weekend due to other commitments (have to miss my own Wales mini-meet in May now...! and I had to miss the RV as well) but from June I'm much more of a free agent and will be taking up the next opportunity after then.
    Should be a mini meet in june for the above mentioned Ten Tors challenge. Hopefully see you there mate, if you manage to get some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Love that video.. lol.. Will try to get up there, but am a bit skint at the mo.
    Hope you can make it bud, it's always a great get together, whether you want to be bushcrafty or just a little wild camping with a great bunch of guys n gals.

" Charcoaler "
    Right!! after careful consideration and character analysis , checking my diary of course , i have decided to go along to this meet , i thought why not ? i dont live too far away so if i dont like it i can be home in no time , you dont know if you dont try ! If i dont like the bloke or the place i am outa there , i will bring you a comprehensive report on my findings ( i have heard there is much merryment you know laughing/drinking and such like i have also heard there is a quiet end too, mixed with a bit of learning and walking , not too sure about that !) anyway wish me luck as i am going with an open mind . TBC ...
    The member formerly known as Marcus Absent

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Right!! after careful consideration and character analysis , checking my diary of course , i have decided to go along to this meet , i thought why not ? i dont live too far away so if i dont like it i can be home in no time , you dont know if you dont try ! If i dont like the bloke or the place i am outa there , i will bring you a comprehensive report on my findings ( i have heard there is much merryment you know laughing/drinking and such like i have also heard there is a quiet end too, mixed with a bit of learning and walking , not too sure about that !) anyway wish me luck as i am going with an open mind . TBC ...
    I might see you there then mate. I heard pretty much the same sort of things as you, even heard tell of some strange liquids made from apples, that can have odd effects on those who dare drink it. I was actually thinking of inviting you myself. It should be a good time, if not I might follow you back to your's.