Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eurohike Backpacker, 2 person tent (pic heavy)

Alone in the Wilderness
    I bought one of these on Saturday after reading your great review. I was initially worried about the quality at such a low price but I was reassured after reading this and other reviews. Having put it up in the garden I am happy with it - it was very easy to put up and was a little larger than I expected . I would even go so far as to say that it might fit two people at a real push for a few nights.

The price was the key thing for me - I paid £17 after applying my 15% group discount to the sale price of £20.00 ! With such a low price I decided to splash out on some "Y Beams" - lightweight aluminium pegs from www.Alpkit.com to bring down the weight a little .

Thanks again for helping me pick such a great value tent !

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyNick View Post
    I bought one of these on Saturday after reading your great review. I was initially worried about the quality at such a low price but I was reassured after reading this and other reviews. Having put it up in the garden I am happy with it - it was very easy to put up and was a little larger than I expected . I would even go so far as to say that it might fit two people at a real push for a few nights.

The price was the key thing for me - I paid £17 after applying my 15% group discount to the sale price of £20.00 ! With such a low price I decided to splash out on some "Y Beams" - lightweight aluminium pegs from www.Alpkit.com to bring down the weight a little .

Thanks again for helping me pick such a great value tent !
    Much thanks Nick. Glad I could help. I also replaced the pegs with Xsection plastic tough pegs, but not so much for the weight, more for effectiveness in softer ground. As with all tents supplied with "cheap" pegs, they normally turn in the ground (releasing your guy/loop) or pull out completely.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Adam
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Alone in the Wilderness
    Wow, GeekyNick, I thought I was doing good with my £20 purchase until I seen the price you have paid! I also popped my new purchase up in the garden and it's a grand little tent. I'll be heading off to Donegal late this week and will be camping out on a coastal jaunt. I expect that the Atlantic will dump some rain on us so the tent may well get tested!.......

Quote Originally Posted by jgavigan View Post
    I'll be heading off to Donegal late this week and will be camping out on a coastal jaunt. I expect that the Atlantic will dump some rain on us so the tent may well get tested!.......
    Sounds great. Remember to leave the little fly screen window in the door open, so condensation doesn't build up inside. And as with all double skin tents, avoid pushing the inner into contact with the outer, when it's wet. All the best with your trip.

Adam
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel