Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do i add pictures to a thread?

yea like me robb lol.im hopeless with photo bucket etc ,be great if ash can fix it,hopefully something simiular to attachments on to an email
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Ladies and Gennelmen, someone asked me today how to upload pics from their Flickr account on here.
    I explained the way I do it, and thought maybe it might be useful if I copy/pasted into this section. (I've edited out the odd profanity tho )

Firstly, its easier if you have natural bushcraft in one internet tab and flickr in another, so you can click between the two while you build the post/thread.

So do the usual writing in your box as per a normal post, then when you want to insert a pic click on the tab that has got flickr on it, click on the photo that you want to add so that its the only photo on your screen.

Just above and to the left of the photo is a box that has "Actions " written in it with a down arrow next to it, then an envelope icon, then a facebook icon, then a twitter icon, then another downward arrow... hover over this last arrow and a little box should appear that says "more ways to share".

Click this arrow and a bigger box that covers most of the pic drops down displaying "Share this on..." then "Grab the link" then "Grab the HTML/BBcode"

Click on this last one (HTML/BBcode) and a box full of numbers and code appears. Under this is two circles, one saying HTML and one saying BBcode. Click the BBcode circle to highlight it. Then hover over all those numbers and URL and FLickr stuff in the box, Right click and a box appears with "cut" "copy" "paste" etc. Select Copy.

Now go back to the thread/post you're building on Natural Bushcraft in the other tab, hover mouse where you want the pic, right click and select Paste.... all that jargon then appears in your post, this is your photo, when you submit the post, Natural Bushcraft forum decodes that rubbish into your picture.

You can carry on writing afterwards and add more photos by going back onto flickr, selecting a different pic and following the process again.

It sounds complicated and is a pain the first coupla goes but once you get used to it, it becomes easy.

Hope this is a benefit, and apologies to all the computer voodoo non believers!!

Cheers

Phil
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Why should we have to go to another site to upload pictures to this site, must be an easier way.
    This is supposed to be about bushcraft and getting back to more basic levels, not more technical levels!!!!!
    Or is this just me.
    Still do like the Internet for info, so it does have it's plus sides.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realearner View Post
    Why should we have to go to another site to upload pictures to this site, must be an easier way.
    This is supposed to be about bushcraft and getting back to more basic levels, not more technical levels!!!!!
    Or is this just me.
    Still do like the Internet for info, so it does have it's plus sides.
    Because, if Ashley had to host everyone's pictures it would cost him a lot more in web hosting fees. The entire Natural Bushcraft project is entirely free to you, the user, so hosting your pictures somewhere else like Flikr or Photobucket isn't too hard a request I hope.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Ok so thank you for the update. Did not understand, thought adding pictures was a straight forward thing to do. Will try and sort this flicker thing.
    That's the trouble with not really understanding the technology involved, and to be honest not overly bothered, but I don't want to cost this site or Ashley and extra costs.