Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Basher or Hammock?

Ground dwelling for me - tent or tarp n big bivvy (i have the brit army huge one). Hammocks are for monkeys or pirates IMO
    Time is precious - waste it wisely

Tribal Elder
    different tools for different jobs.. The idea of being off the ground sounds nice when curious beasties might be all over the place, however as mentioned you cannot always set up a hammock...

yeah, basher for me... but i may give the hammock a go in the future.

So out of interest, what sort of sleeping are you guys bedding down with? i've been using a Snugpak Elite 5 and love it... not the smallest of bags or lightest, but with synthetic fibres and a relatively waterproof shell, it can take a bit of rain and condensation, it's always kept me toasty and i mean toasty warm and dry. infact, the last time i used it - last weekend - i was down to shorts and t shirt. I also have a Vango viper 1000, but only use this when using the tent... so fella's what are you using?

Hey Johnny Begood = welcome here. Why dont you introduce yourself in the intro section and say hello?

Dossbag wise i use an Outwell Cloud 400 in the colder months (tho i DONT camp out all year by any means!) and a really lightweight bag (cant recall the brand) in the summer. I have recently aqquired a real wool blanket that i will try soon. i have a brit army bivvy bag and a gelert self-inflating mat too. Its only my head that ever gets cold as i struggle with a hat a night.

I use the challenger lite 200 for the chilly weather, as it will go to extreme -12 and comfort range of -7 to +12. Although I would suggest wearing clothes in anything close to 0 under a hammock with it LOL, and I use a USAF lightweight bag for summer or in a tent when there is two people or more, as the combined body heat boosts the temp really well in a tent. In a hammy I use a coffin cut brit army roll mat, on the ground I use a standard rectangular roll mat or a highlander foil folding mat, because they are only 100g which is way lighter than any inflatable.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by resnikov View Post
    If I get chance I will try and record a vid this weekend when I'm out with my hammock and then post it here.
    Didn't get chance to get a vid this weekend when I was out in the woods. Concussion and 6 hours in A&E on thursday has made me a little forget full the last few days

Heads better now and will try and get some vid of sleeping bags and hammocks asap.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

What happened mate? You ok?

Yeah, mate, wha'appen???

Quote Originally Posted by resnikov View Post
    Concussion and 6 hours in A&E on thursday
    Hope you are ok - do tell us what happened. Nice to see A&E waiting times are coming down in your area

Also hope it wasn't a hammock related injury