Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats happening

I still use the site for kit reviews and would love "the old family" to get more active on here.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Alone in the Wilderness
    I have never been very active here. But I stop in once in a while to see if there is any activity. Pretty quite around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Thought I would pop in and have a look around again. Much like many others I suppose, life dictated another path for a while and the daily survival routine had priority over anything else. As time has progressed we have also lost some of our familiar faces as time is never kind.

I’m looking at the statistics though and am pleased to see that the site is still pretty active in the background. Currently nearly 500 people searching through the archives at all our old posts and stories but all showing as guests. I think maybe if some of those folks decided to say hello and dropped a few keystrokes on the page this lovely old place would feel much more homely again. If you are reading this and think that maybe you wouldn’t mind joining the old family then click on the Register and Join The Community tab up the top and we can get you approved.
    A lot of (mainly polluted) water under the bridge over the last few years that has taken many of us away but hopefully people will hear this call - I'll make sure to drop by more regularly, this was a great, friendly and unique forum and hopefully can be again...

Just wondering whether anyone has tried one of these https://haventents.com/en-gb

If so, I'd love to know your thoughts
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I've 'retired' from bushcraft camping due to health issues but if would be good to see people on here again, chew the fat etc but sadly I think the bushcraft bubble has burst, its not really busy on BCUK these days.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

I think Facebook (being "mobile phone friendly") is the platform of choice for many bushcrafters (real time video and photo sharing). From what I see, bushcraft is as popular as ever but too many folks are more interested in how they appear on social media rather than using a fantastic resource like naturalbushcraft. I'd love to see people on here again too - especially some the old regular gang

I know what you mean. Another problem is age, all us 'old timers' are indeed getting older and perhaps shifting our hobbies/passtimes to suit; When I went down with TB which led to COPD I dusted off my Morse code key and got back into ham radio.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Not been on for a long while. This was the first post I saw. Work and family have stopped me getting out so much. Although my family camping has been a little on the wildside, teaching the kids about fire altars, pioneering tables etc... Good to see a few old faces. I need to have a good mooch through all the threads...
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Myself and my friends are still at it, just got a new permission and still doing walks and talks, Buzzard Bushcraft, our group, has never faded away and though member numbers wax and wane there's still a few if us doing it the way we always have. I'm getting on in years but when it's in your blood you just can't resist the urge..

Smile Me Too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    I still use the site for kit reviews and would love "the old family" to get more active on here.
    Yup, let's get this forum going again boys. I mean, how hard is it to type up a few words and insert a picture or three? Most of us, have tons of interesting pics, just sitting around, collecting dust. Like the one I added in my last post. Let's give 'em a second life fellas. Let's talk. lb